1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Keeping busy after work

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by PRL91, Feb 15, 2017.

1. PRL91

PRL91 Fapstronaut

I'm a med student and I'm out the door every morning at 5:20 and usually get home around 6:30. I find that when I get home I'm usually dog tired, my head hurts, and I don't want to do anything else but crawl in bed. I've also noticed that this is when the urge to PMO comes the hardest and is most difficult for me to handle. How do others deal with this? I don't want to use caffeine because then I won't get good sleep, and going to the gym at this point is a real struggle even though would like to. Any suggestions?

2. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

Maybe you're not getting enough energy via food? I have no idea what you're eating, but perhaps look into your diet and see where you can improve with refreshing foods that perk you up. : 3

3. diddykong

diddykong Fapstronaut

The urge is definitely worse when you're tired. Have you tried listening to music? Doesn't take much physical effort (you can lay down and do it) but if you find the right music it can be really absorbing and can be a good way to release some dopamine without exhausting any physical effort. You may find that little time unwinding may then re-energize you to do some other stuff.

4. Bran Cao

Bran Cao Fapstronaut

I have been that situation, and I know that it is extremely dangerous when you are in bed along with a tired body. You brain will fight tooth and nail to get thrilled. It seems that you brain wants itself to feel energetic. Your dopamine system will go mad. So I thing your most urgent task is to retreat your energy.

5. silenteagle

silenteagle Fapstronaut

Engage in cooking,or some such fulfilling activities.I'm sure it will work :D

6. PRL91

PRL91 Fapstronaut

Been focusing on hydration and eating more. Pretty decent results so far. Going to also try to start working out as soon as I get home.

7. Michael Svensson

Michael Svensson Fapstronaut

I know you really don't want to hear this, but going to the gym is amazing. Taking a walk is amazing, going for a run is amazing and jogging less amazing tho!

8. Aiyoshi

Aiyoshi Fapstronaut

Accept the urges. They come anyway, trying to scape only makes it worse.
    Then find a plan something to do in those occasions. Like working out or meditation. After that is it's a matter of sticking to the plan.

9. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Get home, and watch Grey's Anatomy. Lol.

Lol.

Lol.

Lol.

10. señor

señor Guest

I have a similar schedule and it wipes me out man but there are two things that help me out lot

1. write in journal, this is super awesome because it forces me to reflect on the day I just had, and it gives me a new perspective on each day and allows me to be present with what is going on. after you do it for a while you get to look back on your old entries and see your progress in a tangible way, it's really good motivation
    2. chores + podcast, omg this is an awesome urge killer for me. chores are a drag when you're tired but hey you're keeping your hands busy and getting something done, so what the hell. I used to listen to the tv while I did chores but I found myself still fantasizing and whatnot, tv just isn't stimulating enough to be a real distraction, your mind wanders too much. podcasts on the other hand are way more engaging and doing light chores while listening to them is a pretty welcomed distraction. I forget there was ever an urge when I do this

11. Darke2009

Darke2009 Fapstronaut

I had the same problem too but I find reading a great help, i try to read for atleast an hour in the evening which helps my mind to relax.

Breathing exercises are also a great way to reduce tension and calm your mind.