1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Progress Is My Progress Is Our Progress: Understanding The Underlying Causes Of Addictions

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Sekhmet the Fury Bringer, Feb 16, 2017.

1. August One

August One Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

I'm just a student here still learning. My own knowledge is much too insignificant to write a long post here yet. Simplicity is power.

2. August One

August One Fapstronaut

Checkmate Logic is draining.

I never knew how anxious other users can make you dudes. I mean we need to support each other but when it comes to avoiding a future debate that shit takes energy.

3. August One

August One Fapstronaut

I'm not sure if I would take my kids to the zoo. Thinking of having a family at this point is as daunting a thought as scurrying up a thousand foot cliff from the pits of hell to make it on solid ground.

4. August One

August One Fapstronaut

The P & B words warning (I fucking cannot stand those words used towards females luckily my friends don't use them):

Once the foundation is established things will naturally smooth out so grateful for that.

5. August One

August One Fapstronaut

Living in fear of your own genitals in front of a computer IS NO WAY TO LIVE THIS LIFE!

6. August One

August One Fapstronaut

What is it with wolves and jets around here with some users in their avatars hehe? Hey I'm in the club now bros.

7. August One

August One Fapstronaut

The one thing I don't appreciate about Psy/Goa trance is how the founders disrupted Thailand and India's forests and beaches. Then the scene spread like a virus to the UK and Australia and all over the world from there. The parties are so destructive for the environment. Not only that but they stole figures from Buddhism and Hinduism to use in their drug induced crazy music parties. They're really just a bunch of hyperdeluded hippies.

Last type of this song it was just being recommended on YouTube,

8. August One

August One Fapstronaut

It will be an immense sign of self improvement if I don't post another music video in this thread hehe. Love train time.

Last song here that is the goal at least.

9. August One

August One Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

I once read about filling your consciousness with positive imagery on Erowid. Lol I don't use drugs anymore or at least not 'mind expanding' ones, the ones I take during a slip these days are specifically designed to keep me awake for hours and hours and amplify the intensity of the binge which will make me have a stroke inevitably. Enough about the past. Let's stay in the present here. Anyways someone was talking about doing that before taking a 'sacred substance' haha not sure I view substances the same these days but he was talking about filling his mind with flowers to induce a certain effect during the experience. Not The Secret of the Golden Flower no something else entirely. Anyways I think positive imagery would be a PHENOMENAL improvement over taking in images that produce similar effects in the brain as taking hits off a crack stem does.

10. August One

August One Fapstronaut

11. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

12. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

All pain and sorrow is spiritual starvation, and aspiration is the cry for food.

February Twenty-fourth.
    MAN’S essential being is inward, invisible, spiritual, and as such it derives its life, its strength, from within not from without. Outward things are channels through which its energies are expended, but for renewal it must fall back on the inward silence. In so far as man seeks to drown this silence in the noisy pleasures of the senses, and endeavours to live in the conflicts of outward things, just so much does he reap the experiences of pain and sorrow, which, becoming at last intolerable, drive him back to the feet of the inward Comforter, to the shrine of the peaceful solitude within.

It is in solitude only that a man can be truly revealed to himself.

Twenty-Fourth Morning
    Not by learning will a man triumph over
    evil; not by much study will he overcome
    sin and sorrow. Only by conquering
    himself will he conquer evil; only by
    practising righteousness will he put an
    end to sorrow.

Not for the clever, nor the learned, nor
    the self-confident is the Life Triumphant,
    but for the pure, the virtuous and wise.
    The former achieve their particular success
    in life, but the latter alone achieve the
    great success so invincible and complete
    that even in apparent defeat it shines with
    added victory.

Twenty-Fourth Evening
    The true silence is not merely a silent
    tongue; it is a silent mind. To merely hold
    one’s tongue, and yet to carry about a
    disturbed and rankling mind, is no remedy
    for weakness, and no source of power.

Silentness, to be powerful, must
    envelop the whole mind, must permeate
    every chamber of the heart; it must be
    the silence of peace.

To this broad, deep, abiding silentness
    a man attains only in the measure that
    he conquers himself.

13. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

14. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

AMEN TO THAT SISTER!

15. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

Wow I'm liking what has been going on here. I read about music therapy as a means of improving social and psychological health for teens on Medical Daily. Used in moderation and depending on the messages and energy of the music research proves it is more effective than anti-depressant drugs for teens. Anyways I saw you don't want anymore music in this thread so let me just pay my respects before carrying the torch forward here, it looks like someone tried to extinguish the light.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  16. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

“Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.”
    ― Jalaluddin Rumi

I lied two more songs I could use the brain boost right now my back aches, should go stretch and do a light workout.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  17. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

“Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.”

“If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?”

“You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?”
    ― Jalaluddin Rumi

18. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

Some days the pain makes it harder to love myself unconditionally. If I can't love myself, how can I truly be loving towards others? Much self improvement work to do here.

19. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

20. Illusive Man

Illusive Man Fapstronaut

Spiritual dedication to Sekhmet for starting this thread (the wikipedia article is garbage for info on her):