1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Addicted to NoFap ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by LegendaryToast, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Hello,
    I m 17. I am against masturbation since a year ... Though i relapse the frequency have reduced alot. I joined nofap on dec. 2016. Though i didnt payed much attention that time now i am paying more.
    But i am afraid that i might get too much active here which might create another problem because the community is itself against addiction of fapping. In addition i have exams withing 3-4 days. I am not socially active with anyone i know atm. But i think i might get active here alot. I want you guys to help me to figure out what should i do.

Main points:-
    1)I Might get more active on the forums which is itself a type of addiction for me.
    2)I am not socially active which makes me more prone to the problem stated.
    3)Urges waste time when get out of control and i cant waste time during exams(this is the main prob).Becoz all i have to do is study i cant go to walk everytime.

I hope someone who is like me will get my point i am talking about Addictions like Fb , Gaming . I have already recovered from addictions like gaming(2 years of addiction ) , fb (1 year addiction).

2. It sounds like this plays into a larger internet addiction (you'd get hooked on any website). I use NoFap the most now too. I worry about the time I spend on here sometimes, but if it isn't here then it would be Facebook and we already know how that can affect us. I like this community and the friends I've made. Because NoFap is taking up so much of your time, treat it like any other social media site. Whatever you did for overcoming the others, apply here. Before you go cold turkey, I would read up on other Fapstronauts strategies on dealing with social issues. Try the search bar, tags, and Lonliness forum. Good luck!

3. Thanks mate. By the way by being socially inactive i meant that for exams i am being socially inactive.

HopefulChristian likes this.
  4. Ahhhh, my mistake. Yes, hit those books.

5. Lifeless Muffin

Lifeless Muffin Fapstronaut

I have a smilar problem. Personally I get online only in the evening when all the job is done.

LegendaryToast likes this.
  6. Dragon Al

Dragon Al Fapstronaut

WOW,YOU ARE ME!!
    The same problem I have is just to waste time.
    For a big entrance exam,I was busy .
    Every day was typical day:eek:ut of the door by 7:00,school until 5,and then library until 10. When I got home,I just went to bed.
    After it,I have no motivation to learn more.
    Even I have an exam tomorrow and I don't prepare for it. Simply wait for my university admission.
    Before 4 days, I joined the forum.
    I am also addicted to NoFap because there are so many people who have the same problem and there are anonymous identities you use.
    So I can open my mind.
    I even spend one day and more here reading your stories.
    I am also socially inactive but for my inferiority complex.And I have a new motivation to polish my English in order to communicate with you without hindrance.

7. ^"without hindrance"? Sounds like your English is pretty polished already.

Everyone has an addiction of some sort, and Nofap is one of the more productive ones; especially if it helps you beat a PMO problem. Don't fret too much - some of us are addicted to video games, others music, others television, and I'd guess 90% of the population are addicted to their phones. Addiction is a normality.

8. Even when majority of the people are addicted to something doesnt mean that addiction can be considered good.

9. Dragon Al

Dragon Al Fapstronaut

I seldom use English,and I use Chinese.
    It is my goal to communicate in English here fluently.

10. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Hit those books in their grubby little faces.

11. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

I'm a pass-a-fist.

HopefulChristian likes this.