1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Coping with loneliness

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by NoneForMeThanks, Mar 10, 2017.

1. NoneForMeThanks

NoneForMeThanks Fapstronaut

Hi fappys

I see a lot on here about loneliness. I just wanted to throw my two cents in here.

I believe the best way to cope with loneliness is to be alone more often, and embracing being by yourself. This may seem counter intuitive. But I believe that the more time one spends alone, the more comfortable one will be with oneself. Being your own best friend, and being comfortable with your emotions and thoughts has been one of the best coping mechanisms I have developed for handling life. This has stemmed from what initially was a lot of hard weekends alone. But later grew into a strong sense of who I am. Instead of dreading being alone, view it as an opportunity to grow into yourself and explore yourself in an undisrupted setting. Who knows, you may even turn into your own best friend too (cheesy, but true).

Hope this helps some of you.

-NONE

2. IGY

IGY Guest

Your theory is counterintuitive and, in my experience, wrong. I am alone almost all the time and it is very uncomfortable.

jesusmysaviour likes this.
  3. NoneForMeThanks

NoneForMeThanks Fapstronaut

I'm sorry you dont feel the same way I do my friend. Embrace the discomfort

4. Plz try to understnd ...
    I think being lonely and being alone are two different things. Sometimes being with a lot of people can also make you feel lonely.

Its so true.
    Sir Einstein quoted it as :- "I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity."
    I can clearly relate your experience with the quote.
    Its just about how you feel. When someone is alone he must stop thinking about it and make more use of it.Thats the best way to move on.

Dragon Al likes this.
  5. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

Loneliness rocks!

6. Lifeless Muffin

Lifeless Muffin Fapstronaut

it depends on your personality i think

7. Loneliness is a double-edged sword - you can use it as an improvement, but used improperly can drive you mad
    (to be comfortable with anyone you must be comfortable with yourself. I was hating myself so I was hating people).
    I experienced firstly the second one for years and as I hit the rock bottom of loneliness I understood that it's important to
    get out of the shell, go to people and talk/ask/whatever. I always avoided small talk as meaningless but since 4 days ( I'm on 25th day hardmode) I'm talking or asking random people about anything and thus I'm learning importance of communication and small talks. It's helping me much and people very often have wonderful stories to exhange ;)
    But as I mentioned I had to hit the bottom to go up and it put titanic effort and millions of solitary hours to understood it.

Foledawg603 and Aloha like this.
  8. Awakening123

Awakening123 Fapstronaut

I think you defining loneliness from a spiritual perspective like if one is into meditation/buddhism, he/she would prefer to stay alone and enjoy it.