1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold showers

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by angelina, Mar 22, 2017.

Tags:
  1. angelina

angelina Fapstronaut

I've been contemplating on wether or not I should take a cold shower. I'm honestly just too chicken lol I take showers at night and its freezing.

If you take cold showers can you tell me if it's worth it lol. And do you keep taking them in the winter time?

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  2. Yes you should take cold showers! Some reasons:
    • its a great anti-fap technique
    • more healthy blood flow in your body, as your body suddenly reacts to extreme cold temperature
    • shivering, which is actually a good all-body workout and you can burn calories
    • you feel awesome after it's finished
    • gets you in the mindset of "Just jump in and do it!" rather than waiting back and hesitating
    So get on it. Ease your way into it. Start your showers warm, then do a minute half way to coldest, then a minute at the coldest. If that's too rough for you for now don't be to harsh on yourself. start easier, but make sure that every week you push your self further. Because that is the essential part of it all. Pushing yourself. You can do it Angelina!

I can promise you, follow through properly with cold showers, and you will start to love to push yourself, and by that time you are in control of your future and your NoFap challenge.

To answer your question about taking cold showers in the winter time.. umm that's something I avoided, only because I live in Canada and It's hella cold here lol but from what I've read cold showers in the winter time isn't a health issue. So next winter I'll plan on taking nothing but cold showers! Love the after feeling of a cold shower and they come clutch when I'm dealing with urges.

3. angelina

angelina Fapstronaut

Thank you so much for the feedback and motivation! I tried it tonight, just a little and man I was thinking I will never do that. But im going to try again tomorrow and just do it little by little like you said.

4. That's good and yes little by little. I honestly used to be so addicted to cold showers but because of the weather I got lazy. Ima get back now tho! Thanks for the reminder :cool:
    Here's a video that explains the benefits better btw.

sean kost and angelina like this.
  5. angelina

angelina Fapstronaut

Thanks. And btw did you try to take them under 3 minutes? Or did you just take your time

6. No problem. In the beginning? I'd aim around that time but I now take my time. Good luck on your nofap journey btw.

angelina likes this.
  7. angelina

angelina Fapstronaut

Thank you, you to. What day are you on?

8. Day 7 & you?

9. angelina

angelina Fapstronaut

10. SavageDeathclaw

SavageDeathclaw Fapstronaut

Yeah cold showers are great, and the colder the better. I am always apprehensive before taking one and sometimes i wuss out like a little bitch(like today) but i never regret taking a cold shower. I always feel better and proud of myself for overcoming the discomfort and it is a good healthy source of dopamine

angelina likes this.
  11. angelina

angelina Fapstronaut

I just took my first cold shower today! It wasn't as bad as I thought and I felt really good after. I was so proud of myself lol.

Do you take em everyday?

12. SavageDeathclaw

I take them most days, sometimes when i am feeling really shitty i wuss out even though those are the times i need them most.

13. angelina

angelina Fapstronaut

lol damn that's crazy. what did you do that was so aggressive? (you don't have to tell, just curious)

and are you still doing all of that?

14. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

Not really.. You cant do it if its too cold especially as a beginner. I have to put some warm water or ill faint under a minute (I DID BEFORE)

15. It teaches you to embrace discomfort. Before the shower, it may seem daunting. Upon entering, your mind's like "GAAAH". After a while, the discomfort will start fading away and you will end up feeling GREAT! Let's not talk about the health benefits, this is the type of mindset you want to train yourself to be comfortable with so that you don't succumb to urges easily during NoFap. Good luck! :)

16. Sufian T.

Sufian T. Fapstronaut

I am taking cold showers for more than 6 months now, how I started? Just go in there, think there's no hot water available and without thinking any further that "It's too cold" or "I can't do this", say "I will do it" and jump in, I always love cold showers, kind of addicted to them now, go for it, Angelina.
    PS. I am on day 298 of no PMO.
    Good luck. ;)

Dr. Jekyll and angelina like this.
  17. Big_Boss

Big_Boss Fapstronaut

PRAISE THE COLD SHOWERS! PRAISE THE POWER OF THE COLD!!!
    [​IMG]

Dr. Jekyll, angelina and Awakeatlast like this.
  18. Dre42

Dre42 Fapstronaut

I've been taking cold showers for about 2 weeks and I always feel elevated and happy when I get out. Sometimes I just bust out laughing half way through the shower. It makes no sense why that happens but it's awesome!

angelina and Awakeatlast like this.
  19. SavageDeathclaw

It's harder sure but it's not impossible. There are people who swim in freezing lakes, a cold shower doesn't get nearly that cold.

20. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

Hold on just let me faint again. I'm never taking off warm water unless its summer