1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Acne on NoFap

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Rimejkdrama, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Rimejkdrama

Rimejkdrama Fapstronaut

Hi. I always had problems with acne. My skin on face is always dry and red even tho I try to hydrate it properly. Last two week I started to do everything I could to make my face look better. Using good soap specified for acne and cream too, not eating any junk food, the least dairy possible, drinkin lots of water, washing my face properly. And my face was starting to clear out, but after I started nofap 5 days ago my skin started to go worse and I got terrible red marks on my face again. Will it go away? Is it worth keeping my routine and not fapping. Will nofap improve my skin in a longer run and how long could it take?
    Cheers, stay strong.

@edit
    forgot to mention I'm 17 yo.

2. Divinekarma

Divinekarma Fapstronaut

Many guys on Nofap report that acne does seem to get worse by day 6 & 7 and maybe around day 11/12 post that it usually should clear things up unless there's something wrong with the diet.

Acne triggers could be - Refined sugar, dairy, junk food, caffeine, fapping (oh yeah), Meat - Fish, chicken, red meat etc, gluten from wheat, eggs, dandruff, anything with lotsa sugar!!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    LegendaryToast likes this.
  3. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Yes NoFap will help.

From my experience too much milk can also cause bad skin.

4. Patillitas

Patillitas Fapstronaut

I think that is a whole, I explain it, when I was 15 or 16, I had acne and I felt bad and insecure. And commonly my friends said me that avoid marturbation because that was the reason to the acne, that is a common thought in my country. Some people think that If you avoid masturbation, you won't have acne in your face, especifically. This don't ave support cientific, but I realised that whe I am free to PMO, my ace is cleanest and best.
    Other thing, is when you are free to PMO, you feel more confidence, and more love with yoursef, so, you care more your body, hair, face etc.. So, you care more your face and aplicate creams and control your food, and this way you control your acne.
    This is a personal opinion, ovbiously all are differents.

5. Go to the doctor and try accutane or antibiotics. Fresh fruit and veg. But don't stress too much! You're young, acne is normal :)

6. Eggsy

Eggsy Fapstronaut

I'm on Day 9 and my acne got worse now. Do you know what day It will be better? What should I do now?

LegendaryToast likes this.
  7. Rimejkdrama

Rimejkdrama Fapstronaut

I'm on day 8 and my acne just started to clear yesterday, my skin looks much better than a couple of days ago. I think the biggest issue I had was cleaning my face a lot of times, rubbing it and stuff. Last two days I'm washing my face only once in the evening with special anti-acne soap and it gets better. Hope tomorrow and next days it'll get even better and my skin will be hydrated and clear. :) Also, I read that you should gently shower your face with cold water to prevent sebum from beeing washed out of your skin.

Eggsy likes this.
  8. In which country do u live?