1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

screentime & app management, lock-out, scheduling

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by alexxxx, Apr 5, 2017.

1. alexxxx

alexxxx Fapstronaut

hey all,

i've been using this for a while, a screen-time & app management / parental controls app for phones. it's very helpful with reducing pmo for mobile devices.

basically the app temporarily removes app icons from view & access on a time schedule, so e.g. 11pm to 7am I can't access internet on my phone--or whatever peak tempting hours are in re pmo.

they recently launched the premium version ($5 a month) that gives you app-by-app control. the regular version does every installed app (excluding apps like Notes, Maps, etc.).

http://ourpact.com/

even though the settings are controlled from the parent app/machine/browser (which I assume is yourself, for nofap purposes) i find this really helpful.

case in point: if i lie in bed with my phone after hours, then i'm locked out of internet-browsing apps by the ourpact app, i'm immediately reminded and encouraged to not masturbate. it's also a hassle to reschedule as you'd have to do it from another machine.

this could be a useful tool for those of us struggling with pmo on mobile.

and of course this is great for any of you with kids. highly recommended.

2. sean kost

sean kost Fapstronaut

I tried to sign up but it wont let me

3. alexxxx

alexxxx Fapstronaut

that's weird! it's a little complicated on iOS (especially the premium version) but it works. Android sounds like it's a little simpler. Feel free to PM me though and I'd be happy to help troubleshoot! :)

4. sean kost

sean kost Fapstronaut

Thankyou.

5. sean kost

sean kost Fapstronaut

I have mobile security and blocked all the inappropriate sites on my phone. Seems to be helping.

alexxxx likes this.
  6. Jiten

Jiten Fapstronaut

App block on Android is also a good one.

alexxxx likes this.
  7. AlexanderLivius

AlexanderLivius Fapstronaut

RescueTime is another great app.
    It is available for PC and Android.
    Dunno about IoS or Macs.

The free version does a great job of tracking your activity online.
    -Alex

alexxxx likes this.