1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

8 Hours of sleep..wow factor

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by yellow flowers, Apr 2, 2017.

1. yellow flowers

yellow flowers Fapstronaut

Couple of things i would like to add from my observation of sleep. last 2 days again i did not sleep much just 5 to 6 hours and here is wat i observed.

1. I felt more horny, i dont know why, i did not watch P, I did not think of anything silly. It was quite unnecessary.

2. Feeling sleepy and stressed all day and not finding the rhythm.

Gonna try 8 hours stress free sleep again. :)

2. 2tochuntra

2tochuntra Fapstronaut

Get enough sleep is healing something in you a long time ago. You feel relieved and relax and also gives you a good mood and vibes. That is why I always wanted to have a good night sleep.

3. Steve Sancteria

Steve Sancteria Fapstronaut

Since I´ve been researching and testing so much about sleep and actually focus the 8 hours of sleep as well, I hope my tipps and tricks help you getting better sleep.
    You can sleep 8 hours straight but not feeling that great in the morning or you can sleep 7 hours straight and feel like hercules on stereoids.
    The quality of sleep is way more important than the duration, but that´s nothing new, right? ^:^

So I´ve been watching a speach held by a woman, McGonigal was her name (no not that old witch from harry potter), it´s been a speach held at google, it´s been about "the will power instinct".

- A study simply shows that 3 months of breathing meditation, 10 minutes each day did increase the sleep quality, the test persons where able to sleep longer and better.
    Better sleep results in increased will power, so it´s quite important to take care of it.

- Making sure that you have a certain time before sleep without electronics:...like these flashing lights, especially from video games stick around in your head even after an hour

- In the book "tools of titans" however, I´ve read that playing 10 minutes tetris right before sleep makes sure your thoughts don´t go crazy all over the place...didn´t try that one out yet tho, since I have a personal better way to fix that problem

- Using affirmations as your lullaby: so this one is actually quite effective in multiple ways. Since your subconscious mind is whide open while you are close to sleep, you can hammer a certain affirmation into your head and this will have a better effect than using affirmations when you are fully awaken. For good sleep, go to bed, focus and repeat words such as "I will have a great sleep tonight, I will wake up fully energized" until you wake up next morning and actually feel energized.
    Since I only focus these words, I don´t think about anything else...this becomes easier if you are familiar with meditation which is based on recognizing and holding your awareness.

Since your subconscious mind is actually controling your entire sleep, it´s a good thing to try out.

- Not drinking before sleep: since everyone is different in terms of, how long it takes until the water, which entered the big hole at the top, leaves the small one at the bottom ^_^
    since I make sure not drinking anymore 2 hours before sleep, I never wake up in the middle of the night and go to the toilette, that´s been a thing I had to work on for a while.

- Preparing perfect temperatures: so the best temperature to sleep is 15 to 19 degrees, before going to bed, just simply get as much fresh air into your bed room as possbile, when it´s cold, it´s good ^^ also keep in mind that your blanket has impact on the temperature as well as if you sleep with or without clothes.

- Good pillow = good sleep: You can have the best mattress ever, when your pillow is crap, your sleep won´t be as effective as sleeping with these fancy pillows that actually shape theirselves automatically.

- WORKOUT: in the past, when ever I had a free day, not leaving the house and just sitting around the whole day, it´s been nearly impossible to fall asleep, it´s been a big issue for me since it happened so many times.
    Now, when ever I don´t move that much during the day, I do a workout for my entire back, shoulders and my neck, using weights.
    After that I do some stretches especially for my neck.

- stick to your sleep schedule: stick to your schedule every day, it might be difficult during weekends but do it during the week, no matter if you wanna watch some cool series or playing video games or what ever, you spend 1/3 of your life sleeping and your sleep decides how energized you gonna be on your next day, the better the sleep, the better the day so there aren´t many things that are more important than your sleep.

There are people that claim "5 hours of sleep works for me" and yeah you won´t die if you have just a few hours of sleep every day, but it makes a big difference if you sleep 8 hours and rule the day or sleep 5 hours, walking around like a zombie only so you can do some fancy stuff during your fancy extra long evening.

So I hope this helps someone wanna improve their sleep, really don´t underestimate your sleep, the wrong sleeping behavior can entirely ruin your life.

The Master Rebooter likes this.
  4. I have this problem where mind just wants to worry and think about things which makes it hard to fall asleep.
    What I do is I tell myself that I will deal with and think about everything later.

I especially like the tip saying that you shouldn't force yourself to sleep. I will try that whenver I get a bad insomnia episode (trust me, I've had one where I didn't fall asleep at all).