1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Iceeee Cold Shower!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by rayshunnn, Apr 10, 2017.

1. rayshunnn

rayshunnn Fapstronaut

Yooo so I took my first cold shower this morning! I've gotta say that it made me really alert and I could tell a huge difference with my energy level from the cold shower and 3 days in of no PMO! It was freezing but I was ALIVE and I like it. I plan on taking cold showers as often as possible! Let me know what y'all think about cold showers and whether or not y'all have tried them before.

2. TheSilentMajority

TheSilentMajority Fapstronaut

Dante's last circle of hell was a frozen lake

Knighthawk and Heptapod89Fr like this.
  3. TheSilentMajority

TheSilentMajority Fapstronaut

That said though, they seem like a good idea and I'm thinking about trying it

4. rayshunnn

rayshunnn Fapstronaut

Bro you definitely should! You may regret it in the moment lol but you won't regret it afterwards!

TheSilentMajority likes this.
  5. Ajar

Ajar Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

They are awesome. I honestly don't get how it works. When I am using hot water, I am one lazy piece of shit. When I take the cold shower, I am like literally a new born star. Soooo much power

Heptapod89Fr likes this.
  6. Lundmeister

Lundmeister Fapstronaut

Ive been doing ice cold showers for 26 days in a row TODAY! One when i wake up and one when i go to sleep.
    And it has had a huge inpact on my life. I feel more alpha thruout the day and i sleep much better.
    But the biggest differance is my skin, After 10 days i noticed ive got much better skin in my face, It has gotten a bit darker becase of the brown fat increase, I also lost fat and my hair got thicker, Atleast it seem so.

If you are reading this i really suggest you to GO FOR THE COLD SHOWERS! Everyone is expieriencing different benefits, But i promise you that you will NOT regret it!

SiphoMoses08, Heptapod89Fr and Ajar like this.
  7. Purps

Purps Guest

Have not tried but I bet it gives you best ever shrinkage.:eek:

8. Ajar

Ajar Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Only when your cold. But when you heat up its the same.
    I think you should combine it with the elimination of Caffeine, Sugar, and any other heating substance. I am not talking about thermo-heat. I am talking about internal heat, as in the basal metabolic rate. If you abstain from any of these for a while, and start eating them again, you'll notice the difference. Especially if you are getting heartburn, it is definitely worth trying. This will cool your body alot, also this helps in hairloss problems.

You will notice people who go to the gym a lot, and use a lot of supplements lose a lot of hair. Its not because of the testosterone, etc. Its because the supplements themselves contain a lot of synthetic substances, also sugars, and caffienes which raise the body temperature. Working out a lone will raise the basal rate. This excess heat causes hair loss. If you wnna know, just ask me.
    Methods of cooling down:
    Cold Shower
    Abstain from Coffee, Alcohol, Sugar
    You can still workout, but combine this with the abstaining, and cold showers.

9. Adelaide Bland

Adelaide Bland Fapstronaut

I just love to have cold showers.

10. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

I really love cold showers now. It helps aid my recovery also since I'm a runner that runs a lot of miles.

obi-wan likes this.
  11. Steve Sancteria

Steve Sancteria Fapstronaut

Started yesterday again doing so, I did it in the past, where I thought just as cold as it becomes uncomfortable will do the trick.

Then I´ve read an article on the internet, a guy saying, turn it to max. cold, don´t do warm first then cold.
    max. cold, count to 3 and jump in, as simple as that.

So I did the same, just on the count of 3, jumping in. But the water of my shower becomes so cold on max. that it actually starts to hurt, try to focus taking deep breaths, it makes it way easier ^^

Not sure if it´s neccessary to turn it so cold that it starts to hurt, but I guess, the harder the training, the better the results :p since you are training your will power and expand your comfort zone, this habit is like one of many easy things that you can do to grow bigger than all other people.

However, you don´t make it to become better than others just you can start looking down on them, becoming better than yourself should be the actual reason applying any habit that you wanna implement in your life.

Also, just doing it for a certain duration will make you better for just a certain duration...doing it each day, weekend included, for longer than just a 30 day challenge, will be better overall.

Also, if you start talking with people, crazy habits like this one are a great conversation topic, just been talking with people about my crazy sleep schedule, it´s kind of motivating when they look on you with a whide open jaw and eyes, saying "I could never do that".

Deleted Account and rayshunnn like this.
  12. Runtilmylegsdropoff

13. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Starting off with cold water right away is hardcore.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Steve Sancteria

It´s not a "go big or go home" thing.
    ...the thing is, the reason you want to enhance your will power is certainly to start doing things during your day that you actually don´t wanna do but have to be done for your personal progress.

However, you can´t expect starting things really easiely and then as you wish increase the difficulty or make it more uncomfortable when ever you wish and feel you are ready to completely engage the task.

I think the best possible result of this practice would be, if you could engage anything on the count of 3 no matter how hard or uncomfortable it is right from begining on, because otherwhise you would be only prepared for starting it easy and then slowly increase that uncomfortable aspect.

Do it properly and fully engaged from the begining on, that´s why hardcore in this case is bestcore...and for real, it won´t become harder after you get used to shower at max. cold every single day :p
    with today I did it 3 days in a row, I really thought I won´t do it today...but after a while, listening to my excuses, I just thought...screw this, let´s just do it so I don´t have to bother anymore.

I´ve managed to stay longer under shower, I even reached a state of relaxtion after I couldn´t feel anything anymore, my breath has become slower and slower until I´ve been in a sort of meditative state...

So I can tell you for sure, it becomes easier each day...after a month I think you won´t even give a damn anymore about it, whether it´s so cold that it actually hurts.

Runtilmylegsdropoff likes this.
  15. LavaMe

LavaMe Fapstronaut

I've been taking cold showers for a couple of years now. Occasionally I will take a hot shower but I almost always regret it as there is nothing like a pure cold shower.

I find it is very relaxing. It helps to calm my mind. It helps me to sleep. It helps me realize how strong the mind can be. It also makes me feel better and stronger. In the winter, when the water is really cold, it helps lessen soreness from lifting. I have a sense of accomplishment every time I take one. It is like making the bed up in the morning. Even if everything else goes wrong you've done something and pushed yourself somehow.

Despite doing it for years I still can have a bit of hesitation. Especially in the winter it can feel bad at first. For me the hardest part is getting my back wet. But I find if I jump right in and quickly get my back wet the discomfort quickly goes away.

16. John84

John84 Fapstronaut

Doing cold showers might be seen as poverty in some realms. lol
    One time I had my electricity shut off and had to take a cold shower, then after an ice block formed in the shower around the drain. Is that cold enough :emoji_astonished:

17. Steve Sancteria

the higher the actual temperature difference is, the better I guess :p

18. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

When you use hot water, it relaxes your muscles, making it harder to get yourself to move. When you use cold water, it tightens your muscleswhich makes you more alert and puts you into peak awareness mode.

19. Cold showers really aren't pleasant while you're in it but you do feel good afterwards.
    See, whenever I take a hot shower, I feel feverish and groggy afterwards. The only positive of a hot shower is that it isn't uncomfortable while you are in it.
    I advise you to stick to cold showers.

20. Runtilmylegsdropoff

I noticed that these cold showers have been helping my recovery after running.