1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to help hair loss

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Damon27, Apr 16, 2017.

1. Damon27

Damon27 Fapstronaut

I'm turning 19 and my hair thinned during the past year . I lost alot of my hair .

I stopped using gels , waxes and other hair products. I don't have dyed hair . I don't use heating tools or hair dryers.

I tried coconut oil , castor oil even amla oil on my hair during the past 8 months but nothing helped to slow down the hair loss.

I started to take hair vitamin tablets which also contains biotin , zinc etc .. But it's crazy because a single hair strand grows thicker and then it grows thin again .

Male pattern baldness does run through my family from my father's side. But those who suffered it became bald in their late 30s or early 40s.

I also trimmed my head last year into a buzz cut but the hair still grew damaged and thin .

i recently bought the Alpecin caffeine shampoo and also its application liquid . I read that caffeine helps to slow down DHT on the scalp if applied tropically. I tried for the past 4 days and I hope to see results in the next month .

Also I read that over masturbating causes hair loss as well. I used to be a cronic masturbator .

Do you have any other recommendations for me ?
    Also do you know of anyone who suffered hair loss and baldness and managed to stop it or slow it down :emoji_disappointed_relieved:

2. Plastic Neuron

Plastic Neuron Fapstronaut

I am not that much older than you and with a mild form of MPB I am thinning myself (well was, appears to be stable), but the products that have seemed to help me was minoxidil, finasteride, exercise and vitamins. It's good that you're taking your vitamins cause I use biotin and zinc myself to help with my hormonal imbalance due to years of PMO. I would caution with finasteride because I believe the decrease in DHT in your scalp could result in decreased body hair growth if you're still developing like myself which was why I recently stopped taking it. Also with the minoxidil it wasn't so much that I regrew hairs but rather it thickened much more, over the course of 8 months. I have yet to see gains as I continue my NoFap progress with my current hair growth plan. I've been reading about scalp massages being beneficial to hair growth aswell due to increased blood circulation and how it has reversed MPB (even severe forms) in many people which I've incorporated too.

Damon27 likes this.
  3. Damon27

Damon27 Fapstronaut

I've heard alot about Minoxidil. Did you use it tropically on to your scalp Or use the tablets. ​

4. Plastic Neuron

Plastic Neuron Fapstronaut

I used a cream that was prescribed to me by a local clinic which is applied topically to the thinning areas around my hairline, but this solution (10%) was a little bit stronger than the ones you find in the shop like Rogaine or something, where it is usually comes between 2-5%.