1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

It is so difficult

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by thomthas, Apr 18, 2017.

1. thomthas

thomthas Fapstronaut

Hello, I am a 22 year old gay student who has been masturbating since age 11. Over the years I often tried to do it less often but unfortunately failed. For a long time it went quite well, but after entering university I noticed how much time I spend a day to just get one irrelevant orgasm after another. It is excessive, it hurts and often I am not even in the mood. When being with guys, I usually don't get off because of my addiction. The problem: I CAN'T STOP.

I am addicted, I know that for sure, but I finally want back control over my life.

2. Fish11

Fish11 Fapstronaut

Hi Thomthas - It's an honorable thing to try and quit! There's only good things waiting for you on the other side. Unfortunately there is no magic bullet for this problem. What plans have you made to combat the urges that you'll undoubtedly have to engage in masturbation?

3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

4. thomthas

thomthas Fapstronaut

Thank you for your encouraging words, guys. My methods: I will work out more often as that distracts me the most. I also try to be less at home in my room. I am often sitting there, don't know what to do and give in the urge to masturbate. Do u have any other successful strategies?

I really think that Nofap can be a lifestyle and I am looking forward to all the positive changes that come with that lifestyle.

5. Fish11

Fish11 Fapstronaut

I'm a newcomer myself. I'll be reading the forums and posting if I get any urges, which I'm sure I will. I'll let you know if I find anything that works out particularly well for me. While I'm at my computer I keep my e-mail open on my other screen. If I get any messages or posts on topics I'm following I'll try to respond to them promptly.

6. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

7. thomthas

thomthas Fapstronaut

D . J . likes this.