1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone observed benefits of Chanting/TantricMantra/RepeatingPositiveWords

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by r8js, Apr 20, 2017.

1. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

Anyone observed benefits of mantra repeatation

Let me know any benefits of mantra repeatation..........anyone have observed it in his life..

chant - /tʃɑːnt/
    noun
    1. a repeated rhythmic phrase, typically one shouted or sung in unison by a crowd.
    2. a short musical passage in two or more phrases used for singing unmetrical words; a psalm or canticle sung to such music.
    verb
    1. say or shout repeatedly in a sing-song tone.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  2. JimmyJohn

JimmyJohn Fapstronaut

What do you mean chanting?

3. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

chant - /tʃɑːnt/
    noun
    1. a repeated rhythmic phrase, typically one shouted or sung in unison by a crowd.
    2. a short musical passage in two or more phrases used for singing unmetrical words; a psalm or canticle sung to such music.
    verb
    1. say or shout repeatedly in a sing-song tone.

4. The_Monk

The_Monk Guest

Once i used to chant ram ram ram or aum aum aum before sleep. I was too much relaxed and got a best sleep. As i stopped it, all these pmo habits came again into me. From today, i will start it again.

r8js likes this.
  5. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

its good to know u observed and felt benefits of mantra .
    do u think, it could be practical and must-follow thing for nofappers ?

6. The_Monk

The_Monk Guest

I am considering pmo as an evil source, and to fight evil source we need god. God can only show us the right path but to walk on that is our responsibility. Chanting mantras or god's name can give us power, a mental power that i have observed once. As soon as i left chanting, i fell into the well again. I will suggest it to the nofappers who finds meditation difficult, as chanting is also a type of meditation.

Low and r8js like this.
  7. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

thank you very much for replies

Does repeating positive words help u?
    positive words : keep calm, be happy etc

8. The_Monk

The_Monk Guest

I like words like never give up. Let the world see whoz the boss. I like to listen many military musics.

9. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

I don't what to say.
    I chant om namaha. shivay.

10. The_Monk

The_Monk Guest

Yes, its the source of every power in this world. Om..this word means every single thing in this world and namaha shivay (the paramatma). Daily chant at night will definitely lead to a great progress.

11. SheMonk

SheMonk Fapstronaut

Repeating positive words and phrases (affirmations) definitely work. Just be mindful of how you phrase yourself.

Saying "I don't want to be this or that" makes you focus on the thing you DON'T want to be, thus that's what you'll become and/or attract.

Instead say what you DO want, as if you already ARE. Example: "I am a loving and kind person. I am love. I am succesful. I am kind. I am a great person. I am a great friend. I have abundance in my life." and so on. Never focus on the things you lack. Always focus on the things you want (to be).

The_Monk likes this.
  12. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

@SheMonk @nopmo_forever

thank you for replies.
    i myself observed, in india , many elderly people keep repeating tantric mantra day and night.

when i was in school, scholar students keep repeating their homework in mind. i always wondered , how they do it.

i bought pooja/mantra chanting box. it is also helping me little.

The_Monk likes this.
  13. Nucleus

Nucleus Fapstronaut

Ive just started again afte a long time off.

"Om mani padmi hum"

"Om so hum"

And simply

"Om"

Are my favorites. When it becomes a daily routine. I feel great but ONLY if im not fapping. It's as though fapping is UNmeditation. Fapping for five minutes reverses the benefits of four hours of meditation. If you stop fapping then the meditation will accumulate and you will feel it.

A Course In Miracles is helping a lot too. I read my daily prayer and close my eyes and ponder it. Then I do my chant.

The_Monk likes this.
  14. r8js

r8js Fapstronaut

unfortunately this is true. and it is also big problem for me.

15. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

My favorite anxiety relief chant:
    Emptiness
    Vulnerability
    Non-success
    Descent
    Letting Go

To quit smoking I chanted: "smoking-sickness" over and over and over

My favorite religious chant to sing (Catholic):
    Agnus Dei (Lamb of God - Latin)
    There are a lot of Gregorian Chants for Christians. Wonderful things.

r8js likes this.