1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

the best movie quote

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by meanbean70, Apr 24, 2017.

1. meanbean70

meanbean70 Fapstronaut

Sometimes when we watch a movie we hear something and were just like "holy shit". You probably know what i mean, but what i am wondering is what quote from a movie(or tv show) you've heard that can really blow peoples minds.

ClearChrystal, I Free I and Star Lord like this.
  2. RapnRoll

RapnRoll Fapstronaut

"Ready your breakfast and eat hearty. For tonight, we dine in hell!"

Greatest quote from 300.

ClearChrystal, I Free I and Star Lord like this.
  3. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

"Alfred Pennyworth: Took quite a fall, didn't we, Master Bruce?
    Thomas Wayne: And why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up."

From Batman Begins.

4. "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint.

5. "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner"-- Neil McCauley from the movie Heat.

I Free I likes this.
  6. MrPrince

MrPrince Fapstronaut

" I'll make him an offer he cant refuse "
    Godfather

7. I Free I

I Free I Guest

"Try not . Do, or do not . There is no try ." - Yoda (Star Wars Episode:V)

8. QCA

QCA Fapstronaut

Not bad Mr Connors, you say this is your first lesson?

Yes but my father was a piano mover.

Grow_out_of_it likes this.
  9. Fap_Doc

Fap_Doc Guest

"suck this" - The man without a shadow.

Grow_out_of_it likes this.
  10. Jonasvw

Jonasvw Fapstronaut

"You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t about how hard you hit, it’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward." - Rocky

11. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

"Why so serious?" - Joker

12. Protagonist

Protagonist Fapstronaut

Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift that's why it's called the 'present'. -
    Master oogway in kung fu panda

13. "Has anything you've done made your life better?"
    American History X

To put it in context.. Derek asks what the "right questions" would be, and Sweeney responds with, "Has anything you've done made your life better?" Derek breaks down into tears. Being hurt can cause you to hate. It is easy to blame others for your pain. You can lash out at them all you want, but in the long run, you have to ask yourself: is what I am doing making my life better? If what you are doing to hating, blaming others, and resorting to violence, the answer will inevitably be, "no." You should turn your pain into productive means and help others, not wallow in pity and hatred and pain

Also there was a quote from from Abraham Lincoln in the movie. So I guess this is where I tell you what I learned - my conclusion, right? Well, my conclusion is: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it. Derek says it's always good to end a paper with a quote. He says someone else has already said it best, so if you can't top it, steal from them and go out strong. So I picked a guy I thought you'd like. 'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'"

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017