1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

BENEFITS AT 11 MONTHS (no PMO)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by LifeWorthLiving!!!, Apr 23, 2017.

1. TheFutureMe

TheFutureMe Fapstronaut

Absolutely !

Thanks for sharing and inspiring the rest of us! Do you plan on coming often to NoFap after your year of noPMO is complete? I saw a few people who expressed their will to break free from this past of theirs, and the forum was a sort of tie to that past.

2. LifeWorthLiving!!!

LifeWorthLiving!!! Fapstronaut

All will be OK.

What happens in your mind prior to a relapse?

God bless!!1
    I have NO plan on breaking away. The old neuro-pathway in my brain, even though I have not activated in in 11 MONTHS, can be activated if I am not vigilant. I always need to be aware. An online community that is committed to change helps me be aware, awake and accountable.

Helping others - helps me with this. If I disconnect from this community then I could potentially fall asleep and fall back. And falling back is not an option!!!

GOD'S PEACE!!!

3. Harry Maclad

Harry Maclad Fapstronaut

Dude thats amazing. 11 months!!! You're a GOD!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration you gave me. I just have a question. Did you ever have frequent urination or felt like you had to pee alot(sometimes) during this streak. If you did, is frequent urination still with you or did it ever subside. Cause I have to pee a lot like 10-15 times a day and sometimes once every 20 minutes. I am pretty sure this is because I am doing NoFap but I don't know when this frequent urination will stop(after how many days). I am on around day 75. Any advice.

4. LifeWorthLiving!!!

No issue with urination. Sometimes frequent urination can be to another issue. May want to get a medical checkup. But keep this in mind - your limbic brain may try to trick you into thinking that nofap is the cause of the medical issue and to relapse for a "medical reason". The limbic brain will find any excuse to go backwards and have you quit. People will often refer to prostate cancer risk if you don't ejaculate. That study has been exposed as garbage.

Beware of temptation / justification. The brain is tricky. You're 2 weeks from 90 - stand strong!!

(Also, I'm not a god, just a guy like anybody else who finally got tired of being under the thumb of PMO. And I thank the one and only God for getting me here. :) )

GOD'S PEACE!!!

Constantine Bold likes this.
  5. jimya

jimya New Fapstronaut

This is an amazing post. Helped me a lot. Thank you

LifeWorthLiving!!! likes this.
  6. RST

RST New Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing
    its my first day
    I hope there will be my story too like u
    Thank u big bro....

7. wow nice man buddy 337 days :O

8. you 99 days :OOOOOOO xD

9. DarkKnightFights

DarkKnightFights Fapstronaut

Thanks man for your amazing post and I agree with every single word that you wrote! That was the inspiration I was looking for. God bless you

10. LifeWorthLiving!!!

Stay focused. Each second gets you closer to a milestone. Day by day, minute by minute. Well worth it!

GOD'S PEACE!!

Tesslynne likes this.
  11. LifeWorthLiving!!!

Thanks for the encouragement!!

GOD'S PEACE!!!

12. LifeWorthLiving!!!

Happy to help!

GOD'S PEACE!!!

13. abutrustworthy

abutrustworthy Fapstronaut

@LifeWorthLiving!!! : Great to see you made it thus far. I have been through recovery program for 3 years now, I take two steps forward and three steps backward, I keep orgasming, sometimes I wakeup in the middle of the night from sleep and just masturbate, to be honest I lost hope for few days which dragged me even further and pushed me to watch P also. I have no other choice but to continue on this path of recovery though I sometimes feel like my brain is completely wired to seek orgasming in a unnatural way. Sometimes I go clean for like 2 weeks and then a small slip causes me to indulge in full flown relapse, how to tell myself that it is okay if a small slip happens, I should still continue ? What is that one good advice you can give that helped you along the way with regards to ordinary slips ?

14. LifeWorthLiving!!!

I used to deal with that. Waking up from a half sleep and giving in. It did this for YEARS. Unpredictable slips in the middle of the night.

What stopped it for me was having a zero tolerance for lust memory or fantasy. When my conscious mind becomes aware of what my limbic system is throwing forward for pleasure, I activate my pre-frontal cortex by using words. "That's not an option. No, absolutely not". Verbalization lights up this powerful part of the brain.

I also used the nofap app a lot early on. Even without an emergency I would click 30 times a day to get good messages an images in my head. I use the religious option on the app, in the upper corner.

Also, zero tolerance for media wandering. If you wander online or on tv, it's like wandering in a bad neighborhood. Your gonna get mugged. If you venture online or on t.v., know where you're going, get business done. And leave quickly.

If I broke that pattern you can definitely break it.

GOD'S PEACE!!!

Marcel0404 likes this.
  15. BruceD

BruceD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Major major inspiration here. I have had some ok streaks here and there, but back at it with a vigilance. Ready to take what is properly mine. I mean that is a good constructive way, not arrogantly or wannabe alpha. I still have plenty of work but I have come far too. Beast mode coming soon. I mean it this time. Thank you!!!

Tesslynne likes this.
  17. LifeWorthLiving!!!

Taking what is yours is key. I believe that God's plan has been to give you that freedom as a gift, and at the same time to give you the strength to go for it.

What helped me was going into GOD MODE. I had many moments in past decades where I resolved to kick this thing by my own strength, even as I believed in God. But leaning on God by spending an hour a day in prayer has made all the difference. During that time I read, journal, converse...it goes by quickly. But I know that God's power has reordered my brain. I have a self control that can knock down these temptations like never before. I am amazed every day.

I used to go 5 days max and relapse. Longest streak was 3.5 months when I was 19, but I did not do it well. Did a couple of 30 days and a 2 month.

But I would never have thought that I would come close to a year and be comfortable. I still get tempted daily, but each temptation, (by way of analogy) is no longer a 200 foot wave. I see them for what they are - 5 foot waves - and I get out of their way and leave that section of the beach.

GOD'S PEACE!!!

18. BruceD

BruceD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Thank you, very grateful. Congratulations on getting to 400 Days!