1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

One common repeated mistake

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by yellow flowers, Apr 26, 2017.

1. yellow flowers

yellow flowers Fapstronaut

Hey guys,

Over the last 20-25 days I haven't got much of urges and i have successfully/somehow managed to get away with them. But another thing that has bothered me more is my restless mind.

Thoughts keep on racing in my mind and it makes me feel so sleepy and low in energy and I further fuel it by constantly thinking and thinking about ways to get out of it.

Today I noticed this thing in myself that I always advise others. I always say to people to engage in some or the other activity in order to keep your mind busy and that way u can easily avoid urges and thats exactly what i have not done for the last 20-25 days. Huh..it was so difficult to keep my mind at piece and see what resulted sleep insomnia :(

Gonna work with you my beloved friends!!

Strength and piece..

I Free I likes this.
  2. I Free I

I Free I Guest

I know where your coming from, I myself have insomnia . The best thing we can do is to put that extra energy we have into something else until we feel the need to fall asleep . All these additional thoughts,feelings,energy's,etc. are all part of the program, we just have to focus & fight through !

3. Heptapod89Fr

Heptapod89Fr Fapstronaut

Well, at least, it shows that your mind is alive.

I think you should be happy for that. :)

Because, as for me, since I suffer from schizophrenia, I have very few thoughts, and it's boring...

4. Calculusking

Calculusking Fapstronaut

Yellow flowers, I think you raise a very important issue here. Restlessness, brain fog, lack of focus are however temporary effects of de-addiction. In fact, if these things are happening, it means that your mind is healing as old synapses are being broken and new ones are being created. I don't know how far this is true as a general fact but it is definitely true for me. Changes in my behaviour are clearly visible. So far, I have definitely had continuous 3-4 days of lack of focus during my streak every now and then. But in retrospect, I can say with confidence that out of my 82 days, there were 20-25 days of lack of sleep, lack of focus, etc. That is 60 days of mental freedom!!! Totally worth it. I believe urges are simply triggered sometimes by the kind of people we hang out with occasionally, or by watching a love scene in a romantic movie, etc. which extend for about 2-4 days. But if we hang in there, we will definitely get out of it. So yeah. What you are doing is perfect. I do suggest an occasional trip to the resort with family to cool it off.
    Peace

5. Mumm Ra

Mumm Ra Fapstronaut

Love the mindset there. Don't focus on the bad days. I know that if I PMO, I am always in a mental fog during it. I may have foggy days as I fight this addiction, but it will always be less than if I continued to PMO.