1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Celibate Life forums!

Celebrating Celibacy!

1. Here is the starting point for the new forum function in this group!

We'll update this with some general posting rules in the near future I suppose...

2. Jonny123

Jonny123 Fapstronaut

Thanks @JackStrident for getting this up and running. I was feeling a bit lost without this forum. I hope people start to post more frequently now

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. The new format is a big improvement. I will check in here more often. Hope everyone is doing well.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

This Celibacy group is so inspiring. Just going on and reading the definition gave me so much hope. We can do this. I love the genuine aspiration of this group. Why is it that abstaining from sexual preoccupations brings such freedom? We see the start of it with a streak but how do we take it a step further?

5. There is a price tag attached to self-inflicted slavery of the mind that only becomes apparent to me when I am more free of it... the enslaved, hedonistic mindset does not just dull the mind through homeostasis... there is a subtle yet marked disconnect that occurs in many other thought processes. You literally become a different person. A person that is not the real you. Letting go of it is such a relief.
    I sometimes feel we should have more common ground here... but I think that is wishful thinking... after fighting off this common enemy it is tempting to think we can continue together on the road to a more vibrant way of living... I think the tools and self-knowledge are highly useful going a step further... but what that step further is is probably very different from person to person. For me a part of it is putting my faith into practice and coming up with ways to give my kids the tools to thrive in this world...

DannyCool and Freeman82 like this.
  6. Jonny123

Jonny123 Fapstronaut

Exactly. We need to embrace celibacy. Accept that for us there should be no sexual release. I find this tough but then so do my brothers - accepting that even masturbating is at an end.

7. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

This is one way to take it a stage further after a long streak.
    This is another way to take it a stage further after a long streak.
    I also like this way of becoming ambassadors for NoFap.

The first two for me stabilise the freedom gained from the streak while the third is about helping others by passing on the benefits.

8. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

Faith and abstaining are the same thing but we need to get to a point where we can do this without that much effort. I found reducing fats in my diet really helped to abstain easily. I did a 94 day streak of hardmode without much effort at all but once I brought up the fats again it got a lot tougher. I am not completely sure is the fats the cause but we need to look into what kind of lifestyle works for this. Working with the energy skilfully and knowing the importance of this is vital. Analysis is needed to persuade the mind of this. Desiring women as a direct means of happiness can be looked through to see if it works by means of contemplation. Then abstaining from seeing women as a direct means of happiness and instead listening to all beings equally to see if that has worked through regular contemplation. We all know that the second one works but we need to persuade our mind of this by going through the details regularly. I feel that we need a whole manual in order for this to work in the age we are living in.

9. 1)"Desiring women as a direct means of happiness"
    Has run my life for far too long!

2) "abstaining from seeing women as a direct means of happiness"
    Wow, that would be an extraordinary freedom, I believe

Many thanks to you all!

-Nathaniel

10. someone12

someone12 New Fapstronaut

hi I am new here and I don't know where to start or how to use Nofap, what is the difference between a group and a forum or how do you chat or comment in here?