1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

First Day Here. Please Help!

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by PeacefulWarrior, May 1, 2017.

1. KeZhengHao

KeZhengHao Fapstronaut

Wow that's a lot to got through. Take it slow, get some help, and don't beat yourself up for needing to be comforted. I never want to condone masturbation, but you're in emergency land bud. Get some help before you stress yourself out more.

2. KeZhengHao

KeZhengHao Fapstronaut

You're awesome dude!

PeacefulWarrior likes this.
  3. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Congratulations on your progress!

Your next step is to create your official journal. Go to the Reboot Logs and find your age group and begin a thread which is your journal. Copy/ paste a link here so that we can follow your journey and continue to encourage you.

PeacefulWarrior likes this.
  4. PeacefulWarrior

PeacefulWarrior Fapstronaut

I'm not able to just keep a "reboot log"/journal in this thread?

9 days!! Feeling good.

5. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

If you keep it here, the moderators will eventually move it there. This section is only meant for introductions.

6. PeacefulWarrior

Double digits!! A couple brews tonight and a couple very strong urges but resisted. Starting to surprise myself.

D . J . likes this.
  7. Hi @PeacefulWarrior , welcome to NoFap
    It is a big step if you can understand what is triggering your urges, because this will allow you to be awake and kill those urges as soon as they appear.

I recommend you to create your own "Emergency Toolbox" with readings that can be handy to read when you start feeling urges to screw up.
    I can share this post with you with my own Emergency Toolbox, it helped me a lot during the first few months, i had them in my cell and read them every time I started falling down:

https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.p...y-first-320-days-of-reboot.62938/#post-473978

I wrote some tips in this post that perhaps will help you too:

http://NoFap.com/forum/index.php?threads/tips-that-helped-me-to-start-my-reboot.46617/#post-330318
    You can watch some interesting videos which are also very helpful in this post:
    http://nofap.com/forum/index.php?th...t-help-me-a-lot-during-my-reboot.39774/page-2

I also suggest you to read "Breaking the Cycle" by George Collins, it is a must-read if you are serious about getting rid of this addiction.
    To get more focus and feel happier with life I recommend you to start doing meditation.. I have been using an App called Headspace for the last two months which is great if you have never meditated before. The first 10 sessions are free if you want to give a try. I used to feel a bit depressed or feeling without energy to start new projects in my life, and meditation has helped me a lot with this.

Last but not least, I would strongly recommend you to take the NoFap Academy course if you can afford it. The course is great but the best value are the weekly video calls with @alexander (the creator of NoFap and NoFap Academy) and Mark Queppet, where you can chat with them in real life and listen to other guys's stories and problems too.

I hope that all this helps you to fight this shitty addiction.
    Let's keep on fighting

Fercho

8. Hello @Kingdd. You are very welcome here. May I also extend my condolences for your loss of Nick in October. Perhaps this was a big factor in your other brother's strong feelings of suicide. All this is so much more than most of us have had to face at your age. I hope you have found someone you trust to support you.

You say, "now I masturbate excessively and need help, please". This is understandable. Perhaps the majority of people in this online community find that negative emotions and stress are among the biggest triggers for us to masturbate. For a few moments that intense pleasure can make everything else go away. But, as you know, those things return all too soon.

Here are a couple of videos to inform and inspire you...

9. PeacefulWarrior

10. PeacefulWarrior

Failed, failed and failed again.

Looking for encouragement. Made it do 10 days and then went into a relapse binge. Back to square one.

11. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

What was your visual or emotional trigger?

What could you have done differently which could have led to a different outcome?

12. PeacefulWarrior

Lots of triggers, I suppose. Stress, dating apps, loss of a companion, death in the family, etc

Going to aim for 5 days first and go from there. Haven't been able to get back up to that mark. The goal is 30 days.

D . J . likes this.