1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

She's too old for me, isn't she?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Jungler, May 16, 2017.

1. Daviesmark1

Daviesmark1 Fapstronaut

Nothing wrong with age difference imo. It's just a number as many people say! Unless it's like a 40+ age gap then it's a different matter!

I'm 18 and I've been seeing this 21 year old Spanish girl, in the student accomodation where I am staying. I would never usually go for someone older than me, especially by 3 years! But when you're with her I don't notice an age difference:)

2. Jungler

Jungler Fapstronaut

Sorry to contradict you here, but I mentioned a couple of times that I have no problems in keeping our friendship the way it is now. You said in another post that you haven't read the full thread so I will keep this brief for you.. I'm arguing with myself whether to show her my interests/emotions or not.. So i don't think I'm rising dust from the ground.

I'm happy the way the things are going now, I have nothing to lose if we remain friends right?

3. Why are you arguing with yourself over a "nothing to lose" situation?

Mixtec likes this.
  4. Maybe you could put some feelers out there. Like a subtle conversation about relationships and what you're looking for in a girl or what you think makes a good relationship. Get her talking, see what she says. You could say "I always thought id like to be friends first with someone and really like them as a person, before getting into a relationship... Like me and you, we're such good friends, I wonder why we never got together." Then if she's like "totally, but you're like a brother to me" then it's a no go. But if she tilts her head and looks at you with a twinkle in her eye "yeah I guess neither of us has ever entertained that idea, but it could be interesting.." then she's keen or at least thought about it.

That's just what Id do so I could prevent an awkward situation and preserve the friendship. But normally I know if a guy likes me and if I like him too, ill just get him alone and swoop haha

Tesslynne and Deleted Account like this.
  5. 7 year age difference is only weird between people under 20 lol (19 year old, high school grad, dating a 12 year old middle schooler would be a wtf situation)

Deleted Account likes this.
  6. Jungler

Jungler Fapstronaut

I wanted more than friendship..

And this just in, she's sending pictures at me.

7. ask her on a date. what's the worst that could happen, honestly? she says she just likes you as a friend? then you can just be friends with her like you are now but with no regrets AND you can move on/stop wasting time dreaming about her lol

8. Then shit or get off the pot.

Deleted Account, Mixtec and Jungler like this.
  9. Mixtec

Mixtec Fapstronaut

Man what are you waiting for?! Ask her out and quit fantasizing about the what ifs man. I was like that and now regret the many great women I missed out on whom are now married with kids because I was too afraid to ruin a "friendship." Think about it like this, unless she is across the country or the globe, can you picture another man in her bed while you try to decide if you "like" her? Can you imagine another man embracing her and "loving" her while you try to figure out what your feelings are for her? If you can't or it hurts to picture/imagine that then homie you need to go ask her and tell her how you feel. So what if she stops being your friend? Would you rather live your life being friends with a woman that brings agony to your heart and fills your brain with "what if" questions? I used to be like that and sometimes I get so mad at myself but Im learning thru nofap that the solution is keep going and keep trying at all costs. If it's love you're searching for then you'll find it but it might not come as easy as we want it. In the end everything we want is only achieved by how much we work towards making it happen.

Be encouraged man! Keep yur head up and ask her. I wish I was in your shoes

10. Jungler

Jungler Fapstronaut

Nothing to provocative actually, just a picture of her in bathing suit. She's on a small vacation and will be back tomorrow.

Go bang her you say?

If you read anything that I have said, nowhere have I stated that I wanted to smash her and let the day go by.

Even if so, wouldn't we just be friends with benefits?

11. she sent you pictures of herself in a bikini? are you really that clueless man???

12. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

Just don't be like the idiot President of France. His wife is like 25 years older than him. He's 39. smh

13. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

I need I NEED to hear about this maybe message me cos I don't want to hijack the thread. I like younger guys & only once have I had an actual relationship with one so I need more info on this age-gap combo I need to know it's possible please

14. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

So what?
    Are they happy together?
    If so that's all that matters

15. Tesslynne

Tesslynne Guest

I kinda agree. I skimmed the post and I don't know how but you need to find out what she likes in a guy. She may LIKE younger guys. Or she might not. I don't know how you can subtly ask but maybe the others have an idea

16. There is nothing much to talk about in PM. Cos there's nothing much to it. I'm just saying this because it's a fact, I see this with people on a street, on internet, on TV and even with some very distant relatives of myself. I'm sure you've seen some examples too.

Personally I don't have a thing specifically for older women, but if something would seem like developing and she would be cute I would not mind dating even 50 year old. Not building a family though, because I believe that big of an age difference like 20 years (unless it's a small difference, like 7 years for example, such as in case of OP) would end up being a problem eventually. But short time dating, sure.

If you have a thing for younger men you have to be rather proactive about getting one. I think most men, just like me, would not mind dating one way older, even if they don't have a specific thing for it, if attraction happens to develop. But at the same time most young men would probably not initiate it themselves either. Because of mostly social conditioning but also because there is so many 19 year olds running around that's super hot and easy to get due to their inexperience, insecurities and just generally lack of walls that people tend to build up around themselves as they age. So you need to make up for that by being quite aggressive. I would say maybe even as aggressive as a man. But that's just my theory.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2017
    Jungler and Tesslynne like this.
  17. Tonie

Tonie Fapstronaut

No, she's not too old for you.

Tesslynne likes this.
  18. The Wrestler

The Wrestler Fapstronaut

Go for it bro! "Better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all," right? I know it can feel risky when it is a friend. I can safely say from experience that knowing is much better than the torture of maybe. And a lot of times people think, "ah, if I screw it up I'll lose the friendship forever." This does not have to be true, I have seen a few cases where people were still able to be friends.

It usually helps if the first dates aren't really date-dates, you know? Ask her out on a definitely-not-a-date, see what happens. You could even phrase it like that: "Hey, want to go on a definitely-not-a-date with me? We can go get coffee, go for a short walk...I mean, unless you wanted it to be a date. Then we could get coffee, go for a short walk...:p"