1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Ready to Make a Change/ looking for an accountability partner

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Rimen85, May 21, 2017.

1. Rimen85

Rimen85 Fapstronaut

Hi everyone,

I'll jump right in and explain why I am here. I am turning 20 in a couple of weeks and am ready to get rid of this addiction once and for all. It first started when I was 14. Like many of the rest of you I started with softer content, but soon enough I found myself watching kinkier and more disturbing content. Even though deep down in the back of my mind I knew it wasn't good for me to continue, I was in denial up until a few months ago when I realized all of my friends were dating, and truly tried to take a look into myself to find out why I wasn't. That led me to give dating a try and realize that I have PIED.

Prior to my official decision to give up PMO, dating back to when I was 16, I went through periods of time where I would masturbate at the max once a day, and at minimum 3 weeks without it. The worst was when I was 15 (2-3 times a day).

Though what has truly led me here is the feeling that I really have no one/ where to talk to or guide me through this journey. This is where you guys come in! I am looking for an accountability partner/group or someone who can keep me in check through this process. If there is anything I have learned from browsing through the forums and watching the videos on this website (as well as from experience) it is that recovering from this addiction is difficult, nasty, and unforgiving so I believe having someone to talk to directly about these issues will only make things easier. In return, I will gladly do the same for you.

I am forever grateful for the existence of this forum, you guys are savings lives by the day.

2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

3. Rimen85

Rimen85 Fapstronaut

I blocked all the websites that I used to use on all my devices. Like I already mentioned, I am looking for an accountability partner/ group to help keep me in check. In addition I've also decided to go outside, or go to the gym if I start feeling urges. If I start feeling bored/alone I turn to watching/playing sports as an outlet now.

Right now, I am dealing with a lot of pressure from all of my friends to lose my virginity. I understand that in order to overcome this addiction, I am in this for the long haul, and having sex should not be my main goal so much as regaining a healthy lifestyle without PMO. With all this being said, should I lie to my friends and say that I have?

D . J . likes this.
  4. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

No, don't lie to them. Tell them you will have sex when you want to have sex and not because they want you to. This is a perfect time to rebuke peer pressure. They are not running life, you are. If by chance you had sex and the girl became pregnant, are those same friends going to help you parent the child? NO!
    Get them out of your business and tell them to take care of themselves.

I would also ask you, are the friends who are pressuring you known for making wise decisions? If not, most definitely ignore them and you may want to remind each one of them of how unwise they are at making decisions.

5. Rimen85

Rimen85 Fapstronaut

Thanks D.J.! I will definitely think of your response in the future when dealing with peer pressure. Do you have an extra strategies that helped you in your battle? I already looked through the list of tips for beginners.

6. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut