1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

thinking to stop using social media?suggestion plz

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Rizwan khan, May 20, 2017.

1. Rizwan khan

Rizwan khan Fapstronaut

Actually whenever i open fb it make me feel like shit...it's like everybody is having holidays,marriage and good time..and me on the other head sitting my ass off and doing nothing.. So now i planned to stop using fb..and start focussing on my future..it's going to be hard..i know..but quitting pmo was also very hard but i did it..so i think i can do this too..
    Anybody else wanna join me...stop using social media

I Free I likes this.
  2. Hi, thanks for your words. I've seen videos over the years. I notice that this does not make you happy.
    I think with fb is the same.
    I am happy to live for 6 days free of videos. I now know it was wasted time
    No matter whether fb or videos, there is a better life. Let us live in the real world.

Rizwan khan likes this.
  3. I downloaded the K9 Web Protection thing that people here reccomend. One of the categories you can check to block is "Social Networking" which blocks facebook and instagram for me.. not sure about other sites. Might wanna give it a try. It doesn't help 100% because i know the password and can go in and unblock it whenever i want. but i definitely think it helps

4. Rizwan khan

Rizwan khan Fapstronaut

Wow that's really amazing..
    Earlier i was thinking to quit fb but now i m deciding to stop watching videos too..whatever time i save..i will use tgat to read novel...i will read again THE GODFATHER... Wat a classic cult..

FrankSchiener likes this.
  5. Rizwan khan

Rizwan khan Fapstronaut

Thanks for the suggestion.. I m searching for it..let's do it

6. My mind helps me not to get sex pages on the Internet. A technical tool is good. It is better to do it yourself.
    I want to learn from my experience and finish the Odysee.
    No PMO
    I had too much P and M in my life.

7. My video Kunsum was two hours a day ... and more. Senseless!
    For six days I had no relapse. Even if it is hard.
    Next, I want to experience nature. In the tent, without Internet.
    I want NoFap

8. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Stop using social media & experience the beauty of ... living .

9. Lion's Heart

Lion's Heart Fapstronaut

-make a random password with15 letters with only letters and numbers using http://passwordsgenerator.net/ -copy and paste it in text document without looking at it.
    -make another gmail account with the same password u just generate.
    -change the password and gmail in your K9 account to the new ones.
    -make sure the K9 settings is blocking what you want to block.
    -go to the password in the text document select it ,delete it,then write anything and click save,and then delete the document.
    -use adblock plus to block youtube thumbnails.

10. Soccer14

Soccer14 Fapstronaut

I would highly suggest not using FB or other social media. I never got started, and have never regretted it. Here's an interesting podcast that addresses exactly what you mentioned: People's tendency to compare themselves to others through social media and come out feeling bad about themselves.

http://one.npr.org/i/523776956:524407966

Personally, I would suggest not using any web-blocking resources or password resources. Learn to avoid those websites by developing your own determination. This will take longer and you'll likely fail more often than you would have had you used a blocker. However, the will power that you develop will help you in other facets of your life. Good luck.

11. SerenityNL

SerenityNL Fapstronaut

I believe that social media is a great addition to life for some people, if you know how to handle it. I know for me it doesn't work.. The only platform is use sometimes is Facebook, to see if I got any messages, but even that is not really necessary. Quitting intensive daily social media use (and not using a smartphone) has improved my life until now I believe, it's less distraction, less comparison to others and more space to focus on myself and open my eyes to the world

12. I've uninstalled my Facebook app as well as Instagram and I feel free. Facebook just stresses me out and Instagram helps me relapse. I haven't completely quit since I might go on Facebook since the I'm apart of some informative groups. But I'm done with scrolling through my news feed.

Lion's Heart and FrankSchiener like this.
  13. notime2waste

notime2waste Fapstronaut

I quit fb waaaay back in 2008 and haven't looked back since. You'll have so much more time and won't feel obligated to have to reply to or like every person in your life that you've ever met. Of course there's benefits to social media but if you have goals and aspirations, social media can kill your time...you only get 24 hrs/day. Even w/o Facebook and twitter and instagram I find that like 1/4 of my work day is emailing. Maybe you can try limiting your sm interaction to constructive platforms, i.e. related to work like linkedin and gradually wean yourself off. But for sure, if you want your time (and life) back...lessen your use of sm.

FrankSchiener likes this.
  14. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

I use social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat. I use Facebook to keep up with friends and such as well as chat with them via Facebook Messenger. With Instagram I use it to post my photography and to keep up with what's going on with everyone. Basically I just use it to pop in once in a while like a couple times a week. I'm not really an addict of social media and I don't really use it all that much as I used to. However, if you feel like social media is something that is damaging you then I think you need to start taking the necessary steps so you can help yourself. You don't want PMO and social media bringing you down from two sides, right?