1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Squats

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, May 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Yesterday I started doing squats again, but just like the last time I did them the upper parts of my legs are now sore. Am I right in thinking that this is because my body isn't use to doing them?

2. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

I would say that if you are getting sore from doing them then yes it's because your body isn't used to doing them but in time as your muscle strength develops that soreness will ease. Take things slowly though. Stick with the amount of reps you're doing for a little while and then build upon that slowly.

3. zerototheflesh

zerototheflesh Fapstronaut

I think I'll start doing that too!!

4. Jungler

Jungler Fapstronaut

Did you condition yourself before getting into squats?

5. resist-

resist- Fapstronaut

Personal trainer here.

Your body gets sore when it must deal with a new muscular stress (exercise).

Usually, soreness fades after a few sessions, until you change the stress. That can be done by changing reps, tempo (exercise speed), rest periods, and exercises.

To me, being sore is a good thing. It means you worked out enough to force your body to adapt, therefore to change.

Just keep the habit of doing them, it's great !

6. Flossy Carter

Flossy Carter Fapstronaut

Being sore means your exercise was tough on your body.
    And it's totally normal getting sore since it's just the build up of lactic acid in your muscles.
    But just please warm up before doing any exercise because it'll help you from painful injuries and strains. I learned the hard way unfortunately

7. No. I think maybe I warming up will help.