1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Unique Hobbies

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Caveat Emptor, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Caveat Emptor

Caveat Emptor Distinguished Fapstronaut

Is there something you do that's really unique that you're proud of? Share your pride here!

I have a few that I want to share. These are all things my super close friends and family know about me.

1. I like to design hypothetical/future mass transit systems. I'm currently working on one for Los Angeles that will feature a Pink Line through West Hollywood along Santa Monica Blvd, a Sepulveda Line connecting LAX to West LA to the San Fernando Valley, a line connecting the Orange and Gold Lines through Burbank and Glendale, and tons of other cool stuff. Google Earth is the best mapping program to do this on. (My girlfriend thinks this is adorable, and she's very into public transit.)

2. I play guitar. Not unique, I know, but my favorite thing to play along to is rap music. For one verse/chorus, I'll play along with the bass line, the second verse/chorus will be the chords or main riff, and then solo/improvise over the third verse. I do this with artists like Eminem, Kanye, Lil Wayne, etc.

3. I moderate here! No one gets more pissed off at those dumbass black magic posts than me. Well, maybe Alexander...

Do you care to share?

2. memo

memo Fapstronaut

1. I like to reread books in spanish;
    Steve Jobs in spanish is my next project.

2. I also enjoy playing the guitar and I am an avid rap listener. Although I have been practicing the blues lately, I will try your method for my next practice session.

3. Exercising and pick-up basketball are the cures for most of my stress.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  3. monvoyage

monvoyage Fapstronaut

1. when i travel i don't take photos, i draw. when i send postcards they are painted with watercolors.

2. I'm currently building an ukulele out of walnut timber. I'd like to also build either an acoustic guitar (000 steel string) or an archtop jazzguitar but i'm not sure if i'm gonna do it because it's just way to expensive, especially the tools needed. But it's fun!

3. Since everyone is posting three things, here is number three: I collect small trees to make bonsais out of them one day. I don't know how to yet, but i will surely learn it. So far i got a maple (acer platanoides), two taxus (taxus baccata), a walnut (juglans regia) and a mulberry (morus sp.).

4. Dalian

Dalian Fapstronaut

I am a sound engineer so I spend quite a bit of time doing ear training exercises. As you might imagine, I am pretty involved with music. I have been a drummer sine age 12 and I have recently started teaching myself piano. I also really like working with electronics and building stuff in general. I am not a stranger to the power tools.

5. Ekhangel

Ekhangel Fapstronaut

I might send you some of my simpler compositions for piano to study, Dalian. You could teach me some ear training wisdom in return.

6. Hiroki

Hiroki Fapstronaut

1) I train Chinese Martial Arts (kung fu, taiji quan, qi gong). I also practice daily meditation and am a Buddhist. I'm also a white dude, as misleading as my username may be ;) I just love Asian culture.

2) I wanted to start kiteboarding this summer, but due to my current life situation was unable to. Next year I am going to be kiteboarding come springtime! I also snowboard but may quit as there is not much powder ever where I live and I hate grainy/icy slopes.

3) I am an avid herbalist and vegan, basically a health aficionado, I also workout everyday and although this may not seem unique, the way I workout is (lots of calisthenics and gymnastic strength conditioning along with traditional weight training). I enjoy tumbling and would like to greatly increase my ability with NoFap. To become a master acrobat is one of my little secrets that not many people know about me.

4) I like to listen to different kinds of metal with philosophical messages. The genres could range from djent to metalcore, but the lyrics must be deep. For instance a band like Attila is an insult to the intellect. On the other end of the spectrum bands like Meshuggah, Of Mice & Men, The HAARP Machine (before Al Mu'min destroyed any chance of the band staying together) offer very rich and profound listening experiences.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  7. Squeaky Soul

Squeaky Soul Fapstronaut

Squeaky Soul:

*16 years old, 6'2" tall, I dabble a little in basketball with my buds. I love pushing around my short friends, and dunking.
    *Fish angler
    *Ex Sabre Fencer
    *Ballroom Dancer
    *Marksman... Simple, I love shooting. Shotgun, rifle, handgun, you name it, I can operate it.

~Squeaky Soul

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014