1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Bodybuilding & NoFap?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Billy the GOAT, May 31, 2017.

1. Billy the GOAT

Billy the GOAT Fapstronaut

So basically, I'm a skinny guy and I'd like to start bodybuilding. Any tips?

2. PasterofMuppets

PasterofMuppets Fapstronaut

Focus on quality of the exercises, they'll be more effective and you won't hurt yourself.
    Also, cold showers.

3. Nymeria

Nymeria Fapstronaut

Strength training to build a good foundation of strength. Squats, Deadlift, Bench and OHP. Build a good foundation before wanted to sculpt yourself!

4. The_Monk

The_Monk Guest

NoFap + Workout = Superman :)

5. Start with 10 pushup each set for beginners..
    I manage to do 40 pushups per 3 sets
    No pain No gain

6. Do compound lifts like @Nymeria was saying BUT watch a lot of form videos first so that you don't hurt yourself.

7. I'm skinny too. I started lifting and it's great. You should develop a weekly workout plan. I do upper body mon Tues Thurs Fri. Legs wed. Abs everyday but intensive on Sat. Sun is home yoga but I skip that all the time. And on sat I also run a little and increase my vertical jump. This is specific, but to give you an idea. Since I'm skinny, I bought whey protein to help me reach my protein goals. Eating is 50% of bodybuilding tbh.

Rockyroad and Woodchester like this.
  8. Billy the GOAT

Cold showers?

Gamebred305 likes this.
  9. Billy the GOAT

I'm gonna develop a weekly workout plan now.

Deleted Account likes this.
  10. I agree with @wethebest , and take note of the bit about eating / protein - that aspect is really important if healthy weight gain is your aim.

I employed a personal trainer for a month or two to get me started. It wasn't expensive and it was enough instruction to get me going and on track.

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. PasterofMuppets

PasterofMuppets Fapstronaut

They relax your muscles after workout and get you energized before it.
    And you basically feel like God/like you're having sex and you're coming

12. microsmurfen

microsmurfen Fapstronaut

Google 5x5 Workout-program. Its a basic/novice program. I had hugh gains with this and I still follow it. If u can't squat 1,5 x bodyweight (5x5) then you are novice.
    Build a good foundation with the basic exercise. Deadlift, Bench, Squats, MilitaryPress, Pullups/Dips.
    3x a week. When u work out. Do it full out. Rest days are as important as workout days.
    Goodluck

13. skydragonroar

skydragonroar Fapstronaut

Agreed. This is the best for beginners. I have done it myself.

14. FriendlyGuitarist

FriendlyGuitarist Fapstronaut

I too am quite skinny and started bodybuilding. It feels great after I do the workouts. I find I have more energy and I sleep better at night.
    Instead of using weights/machines I use resistance bands and I have 400lbs worth of them. I find they are safer to use, less risk of getting injured and you can take them anywhere you go! You can still do all the same workouts with resistance bands as you would free weights/machines and they are more affordable!

Linerider likes this.
  15. favre4ever

favre4ever Fapstronaut

It all starts with Diet! Basically your body is capable of gaining about 4 pounds of fairly lean muscle per month, so a pound per week. Since your just starting out the gains will come quick and fast for the first year. But you must must take in enough calories. I also have a naturally skinny frame, its hard for me to gain weight. I highly suggest adding a mass gainer into your day, its a easy way to boost your calorie count. I use Serious Mass. Also you want to move weight! I mean low reps, an ideal range of reps for a workout is 6-12. What I mean by that is what ever exercise I'm doing I want it to be as hard as possible WITHOUT sacrificing form! So for dumbbell curls if by my 12 rep I can still do more then I need to up the weight!

16. AMP89

AMP89 Fapstronaut

I agree. If you're just starting to lift, Stronglifts 5x5 is a good beginner program, and it encompasses these exercises. https://stronglifts.com/5x5/

The website has a lot of information. There is also an app, but I didn't really care for it. I use the Strong app (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/strong-workout-tracker-gym-log-exercise-journal/id464254577?mt=8) which has the Stronglifts 5x5 workouts in it's example routines you can use.

17. The problem I'm having is that weight gain tends to come in the form of belly girth, on my otherwise skinny frame. I'm sure plenty of cardio would help, but I guess that would also cause me to lose weight - not what I want. Kind of a dilemma!