1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My problem: the linkage of PMO with binge smoking and booze

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by Petrus55, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Petrus55

Petrus55 Fapstronaut

I discovered by chance NoFap and it really corresponds to a well identified need. I started PMO when internet did not exist yet, through magazines and reviews. This did not prevent me to have a satisfactory romantic and sexual life, during which I did not fall into PMO. Periods of relapse took place during lonely periods and allowed me to "fill the void". To make a long story short, I am now a happy husband and father. Unfortunately, my professional obligations asked me to travel and work abroad for extended periods. This situation brought me back to PMO. Now, my main problem is the secondary effect of this situation. I am not a natural smoker but since I was much younger, I started PMO and smoked cigarettes to boost the effect, and the pleasure. This was even further increased by drinking alcohol as a further boost to feelings. So now I am back full speed to this PMO-cigarettes and alcohol circle. I have no problem to stop PMO when I travel back home every two months or so. The big issue is that I feel this urge totally unhealthy and have tried many times to stop, first and foremost for health reason. PMO alone would not be a huge problem per se as I can stop when required. My worry is the health concern related to the fact that I connect PMO to binge smoking (the biggest issue by far) and to some extent the use of alcohol as a booster. The three dimensions need to coexist for me to have this chemically induced reward. My aim is thereore a no PMO, no smoke, no booze objective. I have now set NoFap to 0 and start the "cure". I will be delighted for shared advice and support from other members.

D . J . likes this.
  2. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap where you are amongst friends who are here to encourage you and sometimes challenge you but not judge you.

The enemy is here to steal, kill and destroy. What are your current strategies for combating the enemy called PMO?

3. Petrus55

Petrus55 Fapstronaut

Do I have a strategy? Not for now, but you have a good point. I should think about it and will post back!

4. D . J .

D . J . Fapstronaut