1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Cold Showers

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by TheOneAndOnlyPastry, Jun 11, 2017.

1. I started taking Cold showers at the beginning of the month. I recommend this to everyone. Cold showers have been proven to make the dopaminergic glands more active. Some scientists even believe cold showers could cure depression. I have been way happier since I started taking cold showers and will definitely stick with it. They also boost energy a lot. I don't know if there is scientific energy to support this but from my experience, it gets me ready for the day. Also, I noticed something weird in the past 11 days. Randomly in the middle of the day, I will get a small 1 minute headache then I will have a huge burst of energy. I don't know why this happens, should I see a doctor? xD.
    Also, cold showers have been proven to help squeeze lactic acid out of your muscles. Lactic acid is responsible for making your muscles soar. I have definitely noticed this. The morning after a workout before cold showers, I felt VERY soar. Now that I am taking cold showers, I feel way less soar than I used to. This allows me to exercise more! To start taking cold showers, end your showers with cold water every night/morning. Stand under the water for 30 seconds. After a few days of doing this, start taking completely cold showers!

Warrior Within, I Free I and HipPete like this.
  2. Bnnybnny

Bnnybnny Fapstronaut

3. I Free I

I Free I Guest

I Love Cold Showers

4. Fink93

Fink93 Fapstronaut

doing them now for 1 week and i must say i enjoy it. it doesn´t require much of an overcoming anymore. i will stick to them as they really give me power in the morning. i don´t need coffee, just a cold shower and i´m wide awake.

5. I don't think anyone should stop taking their medication for depression. It would be an interesting experiment if someone with depression took cold showers (along with their meds) to test if it helped though.

6. NINEZHIGHENDFREAKZ

NINEZHIGHENDFREAKZ Fapstronaut

yes i do agree on that. its very helpful especially in the morning.

7. Andrew1189

Andrew1189 Fapstronaut

Two questions:

One - I tried a cold shower in the first week of abstaining from PMO and it actually made me more aroused and tempted to MO. Has anyone else experienced this? Or was it possibly a weird one time thing?

Two - does anyone who cold showers regularly live in a place that has very cold winters? If so how terrible has it been?

hej0g likes this.
  8. I started to take cold showers before began my NoFap journey so I never experienced that. And there are really cold winters where I live but I just started taking cold showers and it is summer time so I don't know about that.

Andrew1189 likes this.
  9. Andrew1189

Andrew1189 Fapstronaut

I'll have to give it another shot and if I end up liking it figuring out how it works once winter gets here

10. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

Cold showers make me feel like shit.

11. hej0g

hej0g Fapstronaut

I'd love to know this too, I'm moving to a country with really cold winters in September and I'm kind of petrified about the freezing showers!

12. I guess if you keep the house nice and warm it shouldn't make any difference what the conditions are like outside..