1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Music that transports you to someplace special

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by LivinginRecovery, Jun 17, 2017.

1. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

Listening to music for me is a joy and I love so much of what's out there however once in a while I hear a piece of music, or a song perhaps which just blows my mind and while it's playing I am transported to someplace else. It's as if time has stood still and I am in touch with something 'greater' for want of better words.

One of these for me is:-

Which ones are yours? They can be any genre however they must touch you to the very core of your being. I can't wait to see what's posted up.

2. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

That's why I like Tool and Nine Inch Nails.

3. HipPete

HipPete Fapstronaut

4. señor

señor Guest

5. I Remember Her by Ingrid Michaelson
    Ingrid wrote the song after mother died and it makes me emotional every time I hear it. She starts off by describing the house where her mum lived, then goes on to sing about the times she spent with her growing and at the end she admits the memories are fading and wishes she could keep them. It makes me wonder what it'll be like when my parents die and makes me want to appreciate them while they're alive.

Another artist who sings about death the of his mother is Sufjan Stevens. Most of the songs on his Carrie & Lowell are about her death and how it affected him. Unlike Ingrid Michaelson, he seemed to have a complicated relationship with his mother but still loves her. Her death affected him so badly that he wanted to kill himself. It's hard for me to chose only one song, but I'll go for The Only Thing.

LivinginRecovery likes this.
  6. MellowFellow

MellowFellow Fapstronaut

I will definitely listen to these because my mother died earlier this year.

I don't really know much about classical music or opera but the two that spring to mind are 'The Lark Ascending' and 'Stabat Mater' because they have such a strong emotional effect on me. The first one fills me with nostalgia of my childhood in the countryside. It's such a vivid and magical piece and takes me away from all the horrible PMO crap to something simpler and better. The second one is just pure grief and loss and makes me think of the people I've lost.

7. On a more brighter note, the music of Choc Quib Town and Bomba Estereo makes me happy and glad to be alive. My understanding of Spanish is very limited but I find both groups to be very fun and energetic.

8. This song always got me deep in my feelings.

9. I Free I

I Free I Guest

10. Ocean Man

Ocean Man Fapstronaut

Nujabes and Daft Punk! Music that takes you somewhere else!

señor and LivinginRecovery like this.
  11. HipPete

HipPete Fapstronaut

12. señor

señor Guest

this whole album is magical tbh

13. Spiff

Spiff Fapstronaut

These take me somewhere... not sure where it is.

HipPete likes this.
  14. Spiff

Spiff Fapstronaut

This album takes me to a special, warm, happy, relaxed yet stimulated place. Jazz just does something special to my brain.

15. HipPete

HipPete Fapstronaut