1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sexual Sublimation & Taoist 'Sexual Yoga' Theory

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Commandant Logic, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Commandant Logic

Commandant Logic Fapstronaut

Wanna be great? Wanna be full of vitality and energy damn near all the time?

Many of you probably have an idea of the concept of sexual transmutation which is pretty much what sexual sublimation is just worded differently lol. I'm sure some of you also know about sexual energy from perhaps reading a Taoist sexual theory text or something at one point or another or not.

Well I just kinda feel compelled to start a new thread on this topic. Discuss freely anything at all related to these topics and post your own experience or progress. Let's try not to argue but make this an open conversation that is constructive for all, NOT destructive.

BE GREAT YO.

HARNESS AND CHANNEL THAT JUICE!

New to this topic but interested and wanna discuss?

Get acquainted:

HPS Health - Tao sexual yoga - HPS cleansing

Mantak Chia - Inner Traditions

GO DEEPER:

[​IMG]
    The Field: The Quest for the Secret Force of the Universe

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    vibemaker likes this.
  2. Commandant Logic

3. Commandant Logic

I'm not a student or follower of this dude nor does his insight offer me anything of value (I've delved into all the ancient and modern texts on these subjects already, nothing more to know in terms of 'book knowledge') but this thread is not for me.

[​IMG]
    Brandon Gilbert

He has some very down to Earth logical ideas that are simple to understand, I discovered his content when I was researching about a Chinese herb called He Shou Wu (Fo-ti) and our body's most primal energy reserve known as Jing.

4. Commandant Logic

I forgot to mention this is not a thread for any Tantric discussion. All matters that are Tantra related, well I kind of shared a Tantric themed video in the above post, I mean I guess just do your best to discuss only sexual sublimation and Taoist sex theories.

I realize sexual sublimation means different things for different people, and being this is a secular forum, I want to keep anything very spiritual out of this thread. Let's stick with this definition:

'Sexual sublimation, also known as sexual transmutation, is the attempt, especially among some religious traditions, to transform sexual impulses or "sexual energy" into creative energy.'

& view the end results of sublimation as enhanced creativity, energy, focus, and basically harnessing a power to manifest your goals in a way someone who does not keep their energy inside them for long periods of time can never come close to achieving. If that's spiritual for you that's more than fine to discuss but what I want to refrain from in this thread specifically is talking about using sex as some kind of means towards enlightenment. Let's just not go there. I think sex can be very healthy for mind, body, and spirit when it is engaged in inside of a loving, nurturing, committed relationship. As for reaching some kind of awakening, personally I would advise you to walk a celibate path but hey that's not what this thread is about, as I'm trying to say, thank you.

I think a first step before one can successfully begin practicing this is to first get YOUR EMOTIONAL LIFE UNDER CONTROL LOL. Someone recovering from addiction should make recovery the priority. Once a greater sense of emotional control has been achieved I would say it's safe to start exploring these topics in depth.

The Joy of Sublimation
    Express Yourself: Creative Expression and Connection

Posted Oct 09, 2011
    [​IMG]

I write a lot about the importance of feeling our feelings. I understand that this can be a tall order and that sometimes, we need some help in the matter. One thing I often suggest to my clients is experimenting with creative expression. If the words "creative expression" have already sent you packing, I beg you to hang in there a bit longer. Can you remember when you were young? Art projects and make believe ... there is a reason that these are the very vehicles in which child therapy is conducted. Children work through difficult emotions and challenging concepts through their imagination and play. Creativity is the perfect conduit for emotion. Freud called this sublimation.

I don't believe that the genius of creativity as a mode of expression diminishes when we turn 10. In fact, for many people, channeling their internal world through a "project" gives them something to do, which makes their feelings more manageable, and provides the experience of moving through something. Much of creative expression is also non-verbal, so you don't have to know what you are feeling. You can let the clay, paint, or crayons take you wherever they want to go. There is nothing to figure out, no destination to reach, just the process of expression and connection.

I often tell people to let themselves play. Go to the drug store and buy the kiddie watercolors and construction paper. Don't put any pressure on yourself to make a masterpiece. Don't feel like you have to use the materials sparingly or delicately. Let yourself go! Break out the supplies, and just begin.

[​IMG]

Try your hand at collage with cut up magazines. It is interesting to see what the subconscious is drawn to when you give it permission to tear out whatever it wants. Use the random words from the pages to create a poem, start a short story, or paint them into a picture.

Knitting, papier-mâché, clay sculpture, sidewalk chalk, photography... when was the last time you let yourself create just for the sake of expression? All of these are perfect ways to be present to yourself and what you are feeling, without trying to change it. I encourage you to let your inner-eight-year-old come out to play.

We can also enjoy the creativity of others as a way of tapping into ourselves. Listening to music is a powerful way to express and feel your feelings. A song can make you feel like you're not alone by the sheer fact that someone wrote something that speaks so precisely to your situation. You can sing at the top of your lungs or dance in your living room. Watching a sad movie can also be a great way to let go of pent up emotion. The story line gives you permission to release, and the movie has a beginning and an end, which makes it feel safer to let go.

We don't have to be Picasso to take advantage of the benefits of sublimation. No one ever has to see your finished product and you don't even have to keep it when you are through. Just notice what you experience as you become a channel for creativity. See what it's like when you are in it, and when you are done. Open up to the process. I suspect that you will not be sorry that you did.

Ingrid Mathieu, Ph.D. is a psychotherapist and author of Recovering Spirituality: Achieving Emotional Sobriety in Your Spiritual Practice.

Follow her on Twitter or Facebook for daily inspiration on achieving emotional sobriety.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  5. alfred42

alfred42 Fapstronaut

Have you been able to achieve sexual sublimation in either of these settings? In the former, were you able to become multi-orgasmic and channel energy that way, and in the latter case, did you interact with sexuality at all?

I recently read the book "The Multi-Orgasmic Man" by Mantak Chia and what you say is very similar to it in a lot of ways.

I've been trying to put the techniques he writes about into practice but it's very difficult. Have you achieved the physical abilities of multiple orgasm and jing->chi conversion and if so, do you have any advice for practicing it?