1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Having your own children in a first world country is stupid and selfish

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by PasterofMuppets, Jun 26, 2017.

1. PasterofMuppets

PasterofMuppets Fapstronaut

There's plenty of abandoned children that don't have a family, both in rich and poor countries that you can give a proper life to. Being the biological father/mother doesn't change anything.

Vilcox likes this.
  2. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

well, you want to decide who can and who cannot have children. Who are you to decide about it?

3. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

You're wrong @PasterofMuppets

I recently posted this video, but I'll post it again since you started such a similar thread.

We need more young people, both to work in and fund elderly care.

noonoon likes this.
  4. PasterofMuppets

PasterofMuppets Fapstronaut

I'm all for having lots of kids, but why do they need to be yours? Let's first adopt every lone child and then make our own.

NoBrainer likes this.
  5. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

Talk is cheap. Write back when you've done it.

6. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

Yes this. Spend the $30-50K and months of travelling it takes to adopt 1 kid from overseas.

7. People sometimes want to pass on their genes, so adopting children can't help them achieve that.

In any case, a first world country shouldn't have third world country problems, and one of them is unwanted pregnancies, which are the consequence of a lack of sexual education. Maybe calling yourselves a first world country is hypocritical.

8. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

I mostly agree with you, but it really is human nature to want to have your own.
    It takes a special kind of person to fight against that.
    Something to aspire to, the world would be a better place if people did as you suggested.

9. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Why not just adopt from within your own country then?

It's an interesting concept of @PasterofMuppets though, as we need less people on this planet atm, not more.

NF104534 likes this.
  10. What's wrong with you people? I mean, some of you guys in this forum have some serious problems! A nice suggestion would be to go see a therapist or a psychiatrist. Obviously you can't deal it by yourselves!

Deleted Account likes this.
  11. I've never understood the obsession with DNA. We all share the same genes.

12. NF104534

NF104534 Guest

I'm liking for the adopting in your own country part. No reason to go overseas when you have those in need in your backyard. As for over population, I tend to disagree. We, especially in the USA, waste a shit load of resources.

13. NF104534

NF104534 Guest

Why not do both? Who says you can't have your own kids and adopt? What's with this either or mentality?

14. Monster Carrot

Monster Carrot Fapstronaut

Kids in other countries are in more need, if we are going with the OP's line of thinking. Third-world people don't adopt their own local kids very often.

15. squilliam

squilliam Fapstronaut

@PasterofMuppets whats your story? married? kids? Would love to know the circumstances behind your thoughts

16. NF104534

NF104534 Guest

He's 14 yrs old, so most likely starry-eyed.

17. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

Most people (and animals) want to pass on their genes. It's not "stupid and selfish", it's biology, it's life. If some people adopt, that's great, but that's not something you can demand of everybody.

Deleted Account likes this.
  18. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

..Why not? I mean when i die they will be what is left of me, my biological son? And our biological purpose is to pass on our DNA and live on through our genes.

19. Hmm. I wouldn't inflict my genes on future generations.

20. I agree. There are enough kids on planet earth already.

I agree. I know parents of 3 children and they adopted another 2 children.

I guess, there is a young guy who wants to find out how to live in this world - my own family with own kids or not. It's a good question.

I am an elder person and don't have kids. The reason I came into this -crazy- world was to be happy and not to give my DNA to future generations. First we should make this planet earth a better place to live - much more happiness for each individual and much less suffering all over the world. As I already wrote: actually there are enough kids on this planet. There is no need to have my own kids. This is my very personal attitude.

And yes - whenever I see a young baby smiling it's touching me. WOW - this soul has come into this world to enjoy this life. He (or she) will have it's individual learning process and he (or she) definitely has the chance to be a happy person, full of appreciation and gratitude for being alive.

NoBrainer likes this.