1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Blocked, Blocked, and Blocked again. .

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Noland, Jun 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ShaunyThunder

ShaunyThunder Fapstronaut

Go at your own pace. Just know you can't truly conquer it until you do. I don't know anyone who can do something like that of their own will.

2. Noland

Noland Fapstronaut

Alright, thank you. That still leaves another important question unanswered. How do I stop letting this get to my head? (being blocked).

3. ShaunyThunder

ShaunyThunder Fapstronaut

It will take time, but I have found that you have to constantly tell yourself that you don't care. After a while, you'll believe it and it won't irk you anymore. Its all about fighting back.
    I've had very personal experience with this. Where I am at, I have had a co-worker tell me that he wished I that I had died before I came to the ship so that he wouldn've have to deal with me. I never found out what I did. I've been working on a ship so there is no getting away from that guy until we get to shore tomorrow. I've dealt with him for a month and a half.

Noland likes this.
  4. From where are you getting all these girls? I hope not mainly from your collage? Cos then you would be creating yourself an image of a player (fake, needy, insincere, manipulative, etc - having a reputation of a player implies all these things to people, even if they might not be actually true that's what people picture when they think of a player). Collage is small community and word spreads quickly.

5. Genji

Genji Guest

Your male friends ignore you because you don't want a girlfriend? That sounds irrational to me.

6. Genji

Genji Guest

Who cares? He can do as he pleases. Other people's opinion are not supposed to inhibit him.

7. FindingAName

FindingAName Banned User

Just normal girls in action mate. Just heartless

Noland likes this.
  8. Noland

Noland Fapstronaut

They are mostly from college. Keep in mind I have classes with more than half of them. Shouldn't you want to get to know everyone in class? I've been called a player, but I just don't see it. I'm not toying with people, I'm just creating a lot of relationships. If it were relationships with guys, would anyone care?

Not arguing, just being slightly though provoking

9. Noland

Noland Fapstronaut

I really do need to stop caring, I just need a method. Just one strong method and I'll make it work.

10. Jarom

Jarom Fapstronaut

I can relate to you there, I bottle my feelings up and have one gigantic explosion. Then, I feel isolated from everyone. Most people are shocked when I get angry because it does not happen that often. I am working to learn how to consider the other person's point of view in an argument, and really listen to what they are saying. These attempts have been very fruitful. I hope you find some encouragement in my comments because, you are not alone in that battle.

11. Atlanticus

Atlanticus Moderator Assistant
    NoFap Defender

Could it be helpful to care not less but more -- but about others?

12. Well there you go. Now we know what kind of reputation you have and why. That's what people mean when they say "I've heard of you" and "it wasn't anything good". The reason why they call you "player" is because you make relationships with mostly girls. And really only reasons why a person would do this (I mean logically thinking about it, you might have other reasons why but that's what other people think when they see this behavior) is because they are straight male who likes women sexually/romantically. And that puts you in a category of a player, because their gender seems to be your motivation. Like I said: fake, needy, insincere, manipulative, etc - these are reputations a player have, even if it's not you. People stereotype, that's how it works.

Sure, you could get to know everyone in class. At a distant acquaintance level. But not too close. Saying "hello" when you meet them, occasionally (not every day) doing some small talk to connect and once in a while liking their Instagram post or something. And if you're straight man you should be doing that with mostly males. Or at the very least equal number of males. That would build you better reputation. But not building relationships withe everybody in class that's anything more than distant acquaintance level. That is just weird man. People don't do that. Hence you stand out with this unusual behavior. And, like I said, if you do that mostly to girls people will think you have a hidden agenda.

You have two options. One is to stop caring (which like you said is your problem, and frankly I don't know how to help you with this one) and just be your crazy, weird You. And another one is change the way you behave which should eventually change your reputation and probably would stop people from blocking you as well. You do that by not making anything more than distant acquaintance type of relationships with 90 - 80% of people you know. They should be at least slightly more males. And then building deeper relationships (aka "friendship") with only select group of people (preferably at least a couple males within it). It's fine to approach a girl in collage once in a while to pursue long/mid term romantic relationship, but she should be only girl you're pursuing that way. 100% monogamous. If you do want to "create a lot of relationships" with mostly women you should do that outside your community (outside of your collage) where word does not get around to ruin your reputation.