1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Free speech is dead

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by thatoneguy123, Jul 9, 2017.

1. thatoneguy123

thatoneguy123 Fapstronaut

People seem to be fkin stupid. They will take your words super literally like a rock. What is the meaning behind the words? If you think it's crazy talk ok just label me crazy and fuck off why does it matter anyway ? They always have to Complain. I don't like the way he looks. Ok so what ? I don't like what he says/does. Ok then that's ok but don't blast negative energy towards me. I think there fkin brain dead you really don't need to tell the whole story they should understand by the choice of words. Omg I don't like this omg I don't like that . Omg he's crazy. Ok that's good think whatever you want. And they always have to find a way to twist up your words. "Free" speech is finished. Even if you do say something it has to be something trendy and popular and nothing that's too out there. How is that free speech? And what's the deal with cuss words anyway? Why do people hate when someone cusses in front of there kids but let there kids watch adults dry humping on FREE LOCAL channels? Free speech is a risky thing with this psychotic mind controlled society. And a lot of these people that are labeled crazy have good reasons for saying the things they say backed by logic and reasoning. The stuff they say actually isn't crazy at all. Free speech is dead. It's alive only for people who tell the people what they wanna hear.

Buddhabro likes this.
  2. nomju

nomju Fapstronaut

Free speech simply means that the government cannot prosecute or otherwise penalize you for expressing yourself.

It doesn't protect your speech from being complained about or criticized by others, even if such criticism is unfair. That simply means that other people have free speech too.

Username1021 likes this.
  3. thatoneguy123

The government has penalized people for free speech..people have free speech too? So they put down people who speak truth and kiss ass To people that tell them what they wanna hear. They are literally mind controlled. They're judging the persons speech while under the influence of mind control. You can't even have a deep convo without people getting weird. People are so minded right? Go out in public with rain bow shirt and pink hair and see what people will say . Omg he's differnt

4. nomju

nomju Fapstronaut

Well, I live in Vancouver, so I'm pretty sure people would just say 'oh look, there goes a typical-looking Vancouverite.'

I see the point you're trying to make, I just don't see it as a free speech issue. Being put down after 'speaking the truth' is not a violation of your free speech.

5. thatoneguy123

Free speech should inspire man. What's the point if it's same shit different story ?

6. nomju

nomju Fapstronaut

There is free speech that inspires man, and other free speech that doesn't expire man. If we tried to restrict either of those, then it wouldn't really be free speech.

7. Buddhabro

Buddhabro Fapstronaut

I encourage everyone to speak their mind. Free speech will never die as long as I'm alive!

Prodigal Warrior likes this.
  8. thatoneguy123

Free speech? Say something "crazy"and watch the word get out and maybe they know your name and then your reputation will get ruined and no one will hire you and you will possibley become homeless

9. Hezeru

Hezeru Fapstronaut

is that you?
    [​IMG]

10. thatoneguy123

you can get away with some shit and not be demonized but it you start hitting the nail on the head about some shit then you will see free speech is an illusion these days