1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

One favorite movie + one favorite book

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by EverydayIsANewChance, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Before becoming a PMO addict, I enjoyed watching a wide variety of shows/movies and reading books but my addiction destroyed much in my life.(Well technically I did watch and read a lot during my addiction too but the content was of a different kind :|) I've been trying to get my bearings back in order and I wanna expand my world. The media I've consumed make up a really small part of the world and I'm interested in discovering more new stuff. Please do list your one favorite movie (or show /series / documentary/ anime...) and one favorite book (or comic/self-help/...).

Any genre, any language, any type. With pics if possible, because a picture is worth a thousand words and it makes it more fun!!

My all time favorite movie trilogy:
    [​IMG]

My favorite book series:
    [​IMG]

Yeah, they're the same ; ) Love the Middle-Earth universe a lot!

2. Strength And Light

Strength And Light Fapstronaut

I always have a bunch of favorite books and movies, so it's hard to pick just one. For now I'll go with these two, but if you asked me again in an hour, I'd probably have two different choices.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Haha I can relate to that when asked what's my second most favorite! If you can't make up your mind, you're always welcome to post whenever you feel like ; ) More the books/movies , more to choose from! Fascinating pics you've posted, I'll definitely look them up!

Strength And Light likes this.
  4. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

Magnolia was such an interesting movie. That should've been a massive hit.
    Can't choose a favourite book at present but this film is good.. ( and it's free on Youtube ) - don't be put off that it's old.

5. AlexDHRO

AlexDHRO Fapstronaut

Hey man, im a LOTR guy myself! Zorba the Greek is a great book that also has a wonderful movie made after. Also check out Dog Day Afternoon (movie). Sorry for not posting pics, look it up yourself you ADHD bastard!

EverydayIsANewChance likes this.
  6. Metal Bat

Metal Bat Fapstronaut

7. Movie: The Holy Mountain

[​IMG]

Book: Be Here Now
    [​IMG]

---

It was an easy choice for the movie, but a tough choice for the book. Journey to Ixtlan by Carlos Castaneda and Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill could be equally worthy of that 1st spot, but I chose Be Here Now just because I've come back to it so many times over the years and it always offers me something new.

8. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

9. vibemaker

vibemaker Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Cool thread!

It's kind of hard to chose, but for the moment I will go with The Big Lebowski as my favorite movie. I love the characters and the atmosphere of the movie. It makes you just want to put on your pyjama pants and some relaxed sweater and lean back and you get soaked into this haze. There's also always something new to discover.

[​IMG]

As a book I would chose maybe The Rum Diary by Hunter S. Thompson. I read it just a few months ago and the feeling of it stayed with me for a while. It really put me on this isle, while reading it. And I love the writing style.

[​IMG]

EverydayIsANewChance likes this.
  10. onmyway

onmyway Fapstronaut

MV5BMjAxMzY3NjcxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTI5OTM0Mw@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,675,1000_AL_.jpg 639864.jpg

The best and inspiring movie I've ever seen and the book that changed my life completely...

u376 and EverydayIsANewChance like this.
  11. Rockyroad

Rockyroad Fapstronaut

Favorite movie: Pan's Labyrinth
    Favorite book (very difficult question): While I read quite a bit of sociological research books, it probably is Tuesdays with Morrie.

Sorry... no pictures :)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    onmyway and EverydayIsANewChance like this.
  12. On the contrary, I love old movies! Gonna watch that movie this weekend!

13. Cool! Lotr was awesome!
    Thanks bro! Interesting choices, gonna surely check them out!
    Lol ; ) No prob, not gonna arrest you for that xD
    On a more serious note, I don't have ADHD. Suffering from mental disorders isn't fun, that I can assure you of. Sorry if I sound sensitive, I'm bagged with enough of them that a mention of any more makes me worry a lot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2017
  14. Those are amazing choices!

15. Wow the pics are interesting, especially the second one! It seems like the book will help me a lot, going by the title. I'll look up the other books too!

JesusGreen likes this.
  16. Thanks bro!
    Wow! I haven't come across either but your description is great! Makes me wanna look them up for sure!

17. Agree! Inception is an awesome movie!
    Gonna check out the book, thanks!

onmyway likes this.
  18. Great! Gonna check them out! I've discovered so many new things by creating this thread, it's gonna be a wonderfully busy weekend!

No prob, pics were just a fun thing I mentioned : )

Rockyroad likes this.
  19. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

41HtZxqrXOL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
    Dude makes all his choices by rolling a dice - Cult Classic!

20. The movie; V for Vendetta:

[​IMG]

The book; Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World:

[​IMG]

I can't really compare my favorite fiction books/movies with non-fiction and self help stuff. They are like apples and oranges. But as far as fiction is concerned I guess these are it. I haven't read the book in long time. Last time I read it was when I was a kid. So maybe if I would read it now it would not stand up to my new perspective, I don't know. But looking back at memory of how much I enjoyed it, I haven't had as much fun with a book since then. It was very fun adventure.