1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Wet dreams

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

I just read and it's very interesting to know what St. Thomas Aquinas thought about wet dreams. It's said, it's a sign of healing for men who want to live in chastity and it's more a sign of purity than sinfulness.

2. The_Monk

The_Monk Guest

Now thats called a real motivation

Eleanor likes this.
  3. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

Unfortunately I don't get one yet at 14 days no PMO.

4. The_Monk

The_Monk Guest

Your 14 days streak itself is a motivation.

5. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

Yea.

The_Monk likes this.
  6. Day one of NoFap

Drew

7. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

You're on the right track.

8. True.

The_Monk and Flyhigh like this.
  9. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman

10. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

Yea thanks so much!!! :)

11. Sozboss92

Sozboss92 Fapstronaut

I have never had one even after the 30 day mark. It's probably different for some people. On a side note, I experience some leakage every morning. Is this normal? It's not a lot. Just enough to make things, uncomfortable. What are your thoughts? I'm approaching 3 weeks.

Flyhigh likes this.
  12. As a Catholic, I find this very interesting to know. Thanks for sharing this.

Flyhigh likes this.
  13. Andrew1189

Andrew1189 Fapstronaut

I am in the same boat, on day 25 and haven't had a wet dream yet. I have had increasingly more vivid and sexual dreams but usually they end or I wake up before they get to actual sexual acts in the dream.

I wake up with a little discharge and semi erect. Have yet to experience a spontaneous erection though any sort of bump or nudge or reach down to adjust my nuts causes me to get a little aroused. Idk though man. I am just trusting the process

Flyhigh likes this.
  14. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

I think it's it's normal to have that leak too.

Ixthus likes this.
  15. Flyhigh

Flyhigh Fapstronaut

No problem.

16. Ixthus

Ixthus Fapstronaut

I have heard that nocturnal emissions on the evening before communion (Saturday night) are not a problem however, if it becomes a regularity, it may be an indication of other things at work and should be addressed with fasting.

In the Orthodox church we are encouraged to confess things even if they may not technically be sins as our Spiritual Father (confessor) is able to assess and monitor the state of our soul with keener accuracy.

Personally, I am a chronic masturbator and I have only ever had one wet dream that I remember.

I have found the source of the Aquinas quote, it is Summa Theologica part II-II, question 154, article 5. (Link to New Advent)

sparkywantsnoPMO and Flyhigh like this.
  17. Ixthus

Ixthus Fapstronaut

Accordingly if this excess of humor be due to a sinful cause (for instance excessive eating or drinking), nocturnal pollution has the character of sin from its cause: whereas if the excess or disintegration of these superfluities be not due to a sinful cause, nocturnal pollution is not sinful, neither in itself nor in its cause. - Thomas Aquinas - Summa, PtII-II, qu.154, art.5

I think this is a good clarification.
    Wet dreams are by themselves not sinful, however, if they are caused by things you look at during the day, and by being intoxicated, it can be said that it is the flowering of a sin which began while still awake.

sparkywantsnoPMO likes this.
  18. Interesting take on the issue. I have never experienced one, but already I have mixed feelings about wet dreams. On one hand, I have heard they can be nice because it gives you an "acceptable" sexual release. On the other, I have heard that this can lead to the chaser effect. I have also heard of "horror story" wet dreams. What I mean by that is that I have heard about people having wet dream involving family members, animals, rape, ect. Overall, I am not really looking forward to the whole "wet dream" part of NoFap.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2019
  19. MaGRaM

MaGRaM Fapstronaut

I am getting close to day 150 of no PMO and have not had a wet dream yet. I do wake up with an erection almost every day, though, but no discharge. It is different for everyone.

20. @MaGRaM
    That happens to me a lot too. I'll wake up with the strongest erections in the morning, and occasionally I'll have sexual dreams. But I have never experienced a wet dream.

MaGRaM likes this.