1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is it a debate on whether WWE is fake or not?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 10, 2017.

1. I just watched WWE for the first time. Everything seems like a rehearsed script. Just really big actors basically.

The injuries are exaggerated. Just watch the background talk between them. It's all a play. The commentators must know, unless they just don't care.

It's pretty damn entartaining though, I must admit.

2. I stopped watching a long time ago. It got boring, meaningless and dumber.

3. Was it better before? The commentary seems like their reading it for the first time

4. There is no debate - everyone knows it's fake. Something so blatantly scripted can't be that entertaining. Why not watch real athletes?

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. I only started watching in 2012 and stopped in 2015. Yeah it was better before.

6. Waldo101

Waldo101 Fapstronaut

It's not really fake. The blood is real.

7. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

I only watch it for Brock lesnar

Flossy Carter and MJ93 like this.
  8. Lostinthewoods

Lostinthewoods Fapstronaut

I've been a Professional Wrestling fan since 2000 when I was 10 and am still watching as a depressed 27 year old. Almost everyone who watches wrestling knows that is a “work” or scripted with kids and a few other exceptions. It's non-fans who make fun of pro-wrestling fans by asking, “You know it's fake right?”

I can't speak for all fans but I love it because it is “fake”. There is nothing quite like it. You'll either get it or think it sucks. There is no in between.

There is also more to Pro-wrestling than just WWE.

My personal favourite wrestling show is called Lucha Underground. There are undead zombies, dragons, 1000 year old spacemen, Aztec Gods, undercover cops and a masked monster who kills people. It's so over the top that it is awesome.

Failing that,

NJPW,
    ROH,
    PWG,
    GFW/Impact
    Progress

Plus many many more.

9. I use to think it was awesome when I was 12 but now try to avoid it because I think utterly ridiculous. Having said that I find it to be kind of addictive if I start watching it. I don't even like proper Olympic wrestling, UFC is better imo.

10. It is addictive once you start watching it, no matter how ridiculous it gets.

11. The_Monk

The_Monk Guest

Storyline in wwe is all fake, but believe it or not, wrestling is all real and sometimes even brutal...there was not a safe environment leading to the departure of cm punk..

12. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

What is funny is that it still classifies itself as 'professional wrestling'.
    Used to hero worship these dudes when I was young. Now they look kind of ridiculous but it's still kind of cool. Jake the Snake was the best IMO.

13. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

^ This

The only wrestling show that's worth watching for me is Lucha Underground.

14. The_Monk

The_Monk Guest

Only wrestling is so boring..some storyline entertainment should also be there..

15. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

What do I care about storylines? If they pull out wrestling matches just as entertaining, then that's good enough for me. If they get to put a story, at least not kindergarden bullshit like the WWE.

16. I stopped watching years ago, my favourite wrestler growing up was Chris Benoit. I still can't believe what he did.. crazy.

SilentJay313 and Lostinthewoods like this.
  17. Lostinthewoods

Lostinthewoods Fapstronaut

I was a huge Benoit fan growing up as well. The whole murder-suicide incident really made me sour on the Wrestling business for quite a while. Once you start to read into the concussions, brain damage and mental problems... it just gets worse. It's hard to believe that it was 10 years ago. Can you believe that? So, so sad.

18. overclocked

overclocked Fapstronaut

I love wrestling.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  19. Victor Auditore

Victor Auditore Fapstronaut

We all knew good and well that everything is scripted in WWE. There's no point to debate. Those wrestlers are bad actors though. :p

20. This is what I find interesting about wrestling (though I don't really watch it): The fact that they have other leagues and amateur shows just like other combat sports. It's interesting.

Unlike others, I don't disparage people for watching it. If anything, it's one step closer to reality than a martial arts or boxing movie. They are pulling off real wrestling moves and Brock Lesner really is lifting the 300 lb man over his head and throwing him out of the ring. There is real athleticism involved. I know that most, if not all of them, start off as high school and college wrestlers before getting into the show. They are athletes.

But, I just can't get into it. I watch alot of combat sports already and, One: I know what it really looks like when someone gets punched and so it makes it hard for me to suspend disbelief for these shows. And Two: I can only follow so many combat sports leagues. I'm not gonna make the time for a scripted show.

Lostinthewoods likes this.