1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Replace PMO with PMG

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Dragonnlife, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Dragonnlife

Dragonnlife Fapstronaut

Lately I've come across a thought that I find intriguing. It's something I find important but don't practice nearly enough in my life. This is Present Minded Gratefulness. What I mean by PMG is being grateful for what you ALREADY have. Not chasing the next thing or being stuck in the future or even the past but to be present and happy with what is going on now and the things I have. It's impossible to enjoy anything if I'm always chasing something. I have a nasty habit of asking god for more. I'm always wanting more and then when I get it, it's onto the next thing. "Life is a little unsatisfying" but when we appreciate what we have today we can live in a state of satisfaction because instead of things not living up to our expectation and lacking and seeking, we are fulfilled with what we already have. It's always enough because all that is now is all there can be. There's no way to be fully present and expect more because then you aren't living in the present anymore. You are living in the "lacking" state. Living in the present and love what you have because every moment is a fleeting one. Anyways, hope if someone reads this you understand what I mean and choose to be here now even with all of your ambitions. There is too much "here" to miss out on :) Enjoy the present, you have what you need now.

2. jest

jest Fapstronaut

I've learned to enjoy the present and still be in a state that allows me to appreciate whatever good things the future holds for me.

We will all have good moments in the future so why not be excited? It's what I do when the present moment gets a little harder to appreciate.

If you can balance things out by forgetting your past, appreciating the present and being excited for the future then you can live an amazing life.

Eleanor and Dragonnlife like this.
  3. NF104534

NF104534 Guest

I get the message, but man I can't stand Owen Wilson.

Anyway, I think being greateful in the present moment is very important. I find it counterproductive to wish you were born in a different time/era.

Eleanor and Dragonnlife like this.
  4. Just Rose

Just Rose Distinguished Fapstronaut

Interesting... I began meditating so I think it's a good start. I have the very same problem, always wanting to know what's going to happen next. Are you in the "Gratitude attitude challenge"? If not you have to get in. It's amazing to realize beautiful things on your every day :)

Dragonnlife likes this.
  5. jaybo

jaybo Fapstronaut

Nice post! very encouraging I think it's a great idea to replace something destructive with something better. I'll give it a go.