1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

FINALLY there's light!!

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Eve26, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Eve26

Eve26 Fapstronaut

PAs and Spouses of PAs....I FINALLY found a AMAZING book that is helping me ( Spouse of PA) deal with all the Trauma my husbands sexual betrayals have caused for me! The book is "Your Sexually Addicted Spouse" by Barbara Steffens. Get it now!!! It shows me I am living through real life trauma similar to living through an earthquake. Along with about a 1000 aftershocks, each time new is disclosed. Any slight tremor causes someone that has experienced a bad earthquake to relive the horrid event. I am Severely Traumatized by my husband's betrayals causing me to be triggered by sights and thoughts all around the day to day life we live. Suddenly almost seemingly out of nowhere I feel anger, disgust, sever sadness, sick to my stomach, some times uncontrollable shaking; almost like I did at first disclosure. Now I know it is caused by triggers that cause my body to relive the trauma my husband has caused. It is Post Traumatic Stress I am having. I was very confused about the codependent model everything else was telling me I am. I was not trying to control him by looking at his phone, checking his van, threats of leaving. I was trying to find SAFETY! It's an awesome book! I could not say enough great things about this book and it is now my main source of healing, coping and hope for myself.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  2. Eve26

Eve26 Fapstronaut

It is also a great read for the PAs to understand your spouse. Insight of what they feel and are going through.

3. Hopefulgirl

Hopefulgirl Fapstronaut

Thank you for sharing. I totally understand ❤

Eve26 likes this.
  4. Eve26

Eve26 Fapstronaut

:) I wish I had found this book 3 months ago when this nightmare all started.

Hopefulgirl likes this.
  5. sweetcola

sweetcola Fapstronaut

Someone had recommended this book to me when I found out, but I'd forgotten all about it until reading your post. I just ordered. Thanks!

Eve26 likes this.