1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is it a debate on whether WWE is fake or not?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Lostinthewoods

Lostinthewoods Fapstronaut

In regards to the other leagues/companies. Before the 80's there used to be many many more. Each area of the US used to have it's own individual league. This whittled down to about 3-4 by the mid 80's and by 2001 there was only 1 major company WWF/E.

NJPW is Japanese much akin to Pride vs WWE's UFC.
    GFW/ROH would be modern day Bellator

I can completely understand being unable to suspend disbelief in regards to the “worked” punches. In the early days of Professional Wrestling punches were strictly forbidden. It span out of shoot wrestling/amateur wrestling and other grappling sports where punches were/are banned. I'm not sure when punches were accepted in Pro Wrestling. In fact, early Professional Wrestling was real. Then became “scripted” as it became easier to make more money and put on more entertaining fights by being “worked”.

I'm only a casual MMA fan but I do enjoy the big fight feel. There is a big cross-over between Pro Wrestling fans and MMA. A lot of us enjoy both.

2. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

3. Lostinthewoods

Wrestling is real, it's life that is fake.

4. By the way, I watched a Lucha Underground video and, yeah, it was awesome.

Lostinthewoods likes this.
  5. Lostinthewoods

Awesome. The more Lucha Underground fans there is, the better.