1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone else tried to quit PMO + Smoking at the same time?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Cyan, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Cyan

Cyan Fapstronaut

Hey NoFap

As the title says I am currently trying to do a 30-90 days challenge to see how it improves my life. The decision to do so came from trying to better myself in general, and as I am starting sport again I really need to stop smoking.

I have abstained from smoking multiple times, my record being 2 months, I am a quite heavy smoker and can easily kill a whole pack on a lazy day. My question now is: Did anyone else try quitting fapping and Smoking at the same time?

It has not been for long, but I feel like I am going crazy and I am really thinking about doing at least M and O to keep myself sane. Does anyone have some tipps? Experience? Thank you in advance.

2. Just Rose

Just Rose Distinguished Fapstronaut

OMG if you achieve it you'll be a hero :eek: let us know your progress c: not advice at all, sorry :c

3. PasterofMuppets

PasterofMuppets Fapstronaut

I don't smoke but I wouldn't to that. Losing every little dopamine rush you were used to at the same time might make you do some serious binging, while approaching the path in a more step-by-step, gradual direction might get better results in the long run.

4. Stupid Monkey

Stupid Monkey Fapstronaut

I stopped smoking two years ago and tried to stop pmo at the same time. I was able to stop smoking but I did a lot of pmo. Listen, stopping smoking is really really hard even if you can fully concentrate just on that one thing. The way I see it, the most important change you can make right now is to stop smoking. Try to stop it, eat healthy and maybe start meditating, and once you are smoke free for a few months, you can stop pmo as well.

At least, thats what worked for me. Good luck with quitting those damn cigarettes!

jaybo likes this.
  5. J---P

J---P Fapstronaut

While I don't smoke cigarettes, I have been smoking weed almost daily for the past 7 years. Like you, I decided to better myself in general and kick a few bad habits. It's been going good so far, without much temptation to smoke weed at all or PMO, albeit to a lesser degree. I quit weed 2 weeks before starting my nofap journey, giving me some time to wane off the worst part first.

I suppose it is a sort of 'double or nothing' situation. If I were to relapse into one of my habits, I'm sure the other one would follow just as quickly. On the other hand, I feel like quitting both can reinforce the positive change. For me personally, the biggest challenge is keeping myself distracted from my urges. If I were to only take on one bad habit, it would be easier for my mind to wander to that single habit and relapse. On top of that, the pay-off is double. I'm uncertain whether quitting cigarettes will yield as quick benefits as weed, but you can decide that for yourself I suppose.

Most importantly however, I feel that my success rate is heavily dependant on my commitment. As mine is at an all-time high since I started, it may be easy for me to say though.

6. Mohammad Asif

Mohammad Asif Fapstronaut

I have almost tried ample amount like almost quitting both 20 times but i return back to it more vigorously. My brain is almost wired with chemical imbalance..my character is a bit fearful by nature i cant understand whats going on .

7. jaybo

jaybo Fapstronaut

Just concentrate on doing one thing at a time, or you'll likely fail miserably. Quit smoking it's really important for your health, but really difficult. I switched to vaping for about 18 months then quit vaping, that made it much easier for me. It was very difficult before, I'd tried to give up many times.

Sokit likes this.
  8. Mohammad Asif

Did you gave up at the end or not bro?

9. Hey buddy. I'm living proof of the answer to your question.

I'm currently on Day 24 of NoFap and Day 13 of No Smoking. Apart from the initial withdrawals, I feel amazing! I actually had a great energy surge yesterday from my lungs healing and also Nofap. You may read about it in my journal if you please! It's tough, it really is. But honestly, I think cold turkey is the way to go. Unlike slowly quitting, you'll feel the full brunt of the negative effects at one go, and I believe getting over the toughest, most painful obstacle to begin with opens up a path to make the rest of the journey smoother.

Tips that worked for me:

1. I stayed as busy as I could (Make sure there's always something to do, and if not, force it. Sign yourself up for classes, work on a hobby etc).
    2. I stopped hanging out with my smoking buddies for awhile because I know they'll offer me cigarettes. I told them that I'm quitting and asked for their support and they helped by not offering cigarettes and also by stopping me from trying if I'm with them.
    3. I found healthy habits to replace this. I started flossing and brushing my teeth way more and started drawing too. I also meditate to focus on my breathing and that helps with the sensation of craving a cigarette.
    I can say although it's only been two weeks, my urge to smoke has significantly been reduced. It also helps to have a strong mindset from Day 1. Know why you're quitting, tell yourself what the problems you face are.

Smoking is a key factor in Erectile Dysfunction, Smoking causes Cancer and so on.

Hope this helps, pal!

- Captain

10. jaybo

jaybo Fapstronaut

Yes I've been smoke and vape free for about 2 years, nothing. Very happy with it.

11. Mohammad Asif

y
    you are gifted by the way you take your emotions .

12. jaybo

jaybo Fapstronaut

It took me a long time and a lot of attempts. Not sure I would have done it without replacing the smoking with vaping for a while first