1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Weak at the gym?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by D'angelo Fernandez, Jul 31, 2017.

1. D'angelo Fernandez

D'angelo Fernandez Fapstronaut

I don't know why but this has been happening for quiet a while now.Im only able to put half the amount of work in a workout. Maybe i work to much and should take rest days? i workout everyday? or is it NoFap that makes me weaker. also i have weak/shaky legs at the gym.

2. AT91

AT91 Fapstronaut

There are many things that could cause this - not eating enough good food, not getting enough quality sleep, over-training... If you train every day then yeah it's most probably down to over-training. When you train you put your body under stress, and the way your body grows stronger is by growing while you recover when you're at rest. If you're never resting, you're never recovering or growing. What does your workout routine look like?

WalkingForward and LavaMe like this.
  3. D'angelo Fernandez

well i eat 4-5 meals a day. sleep 8-11 hours. get plenty of water most of the time. i used to do full body workouts but i cut that down i now do split workouts. my workouts usually last only about 30 minutes of a pretty half-assed workout

4. AT91

AT91 Fapstronaut

What do you eat?

Also, how long have you been working out? What's your goal? There are good routines like the "5x5 stronglifts" routine or Jim Wendler's "5/3/1" routine which are popular and proven to work well, and they're usually only 3-4 days a week.

5. overclocked

overclocked Fapstronaut

Guess it's a flatline symptom. I had that too. Well I didn't have shaking legs but I got mentally exhausted very easily.

It's gotten better after a long while of rebooting, but whenever I have an ogasm the low endurance comes back.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  6. D'angelo Fernandez

I eat really whole foods most but i also eat a lot of junk food but don't gain any weight. most of the foods i eat go to muscle. Ive been workout out for a year and a month. as for workout i usually work what hasn't been worked and i dont work a diffrent muscle every workout never the same one from the day before. i usually do 10 reps of 3 sets. i have a progress pic let me see if i can get it

7. D'angelo Fernandez

8. AT91

AT91 Fapstronaut

It sounds like you probably aren't getting enough. A lot of guys think that they're eating a lot and wonder why they don't put on weight, but really they aren't eating as much as they think they are. A lot of fitness people also tend to eat a low fat diet which is a bad idea and it isn't as healthy as you'd think it is - how many cals would you say you eat per day? And what's your bodyweight?

If you've been lifting for a year perhaps the 5/3/1 routine would be best:

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/531-how-to-build-pure-strength

It's a little lower in volume than many routines but I had the same problem, and when I switched to that I packed on size and strength really quickly. Sometimes less is more.

9. D'angelo Fernandez

Well for the most part the weakness is mostly mentally. Im 100% i eat enough just my head gives way to feelings of fatigue. i also get exertion headaches.

10. AT91

AT91 Fapstronaut

How do you know that for sure? If you're getting head aches, training every day and your motivation is gone, those are all signs of overtraining. And if you aren't gaining weight while training either you're not adding enough weight to the bar to create progressive overload, or you're just not eating enough. Again, many guys who think they're eating loads and wonder why they don't gain weight actually aren't.

11. D'angelo Fernandez

My motivation isn't gone and even if i feel unmotivated i still go to the gym. Weight gain doesn't add up to the amount of muscle i build. sure i dont gain weight but i still build good amounts of muscle about 2 months ago i was benching 25s now im benching 35s. But yes i probably am over training seeing as i get tensions headaches ill probably take a few days of.

12. AT91

AT91 Fapstronaut

In the 5/3/1 routine they do a light "deload" week every 3 weeks to prevent overtraining, then increase the weights the next heavy week - even though on those light weeks I really wanted to carry on lifting heavy but that helped me a lot. If you're not gaining much weight you should really look at how much you're eating though. Weight gain does add up to the amount of muscle you build unless you're losing fat and you weren't fat to begin with.