1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What's a good time frame to do cardio at the gym?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anonymous86, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

If Cardio is all I do at the gym for now? An hour? half hour?

2. Pepper M.

Pepper M. Fapstronaut

I'm an AFAA certified fitness instructor, and the recommendation given from my training is unfortunately quite vague because it depends on what your goals are and how intense you workouts are. If you are starting a new regimen with general health and fitness in mind, start with three days per week for 20 minutes with mild intensity. Over time, you may increase your time and intensity for up to 60 minutes (I would only do 60 minutes if that's the only workout you are doing for that day). Some choose to increase their workouts to five days per week, but like I said, it depends on how you feel and your goals. However, I must also recommend that you incorporate 2-3 days/week doing muscular strength exercises (no weights needed if that's not your thing! Some pushups and squats here and there will do wonders!).

SilentJay313 and vyndaloo like this.
  3. vyndaloo

vyndaloo Fapstronaut

Hey Anonymous86, fellow Fapstronaut here. I've recently started doing cardio and 20 to 30 minutes seems exactly perfect for me, as Pepper M. suggests. The important thing for me is keeping the cardio workout in a heartrate somewhere between 130 and 140 beats per minute. Once I stay in that range, it's like the body gets exactly what it needs. It's a very rewarding feeling and makes me look forward my next workout. I'd recommend buying a simple HR monitor and finding a zone that works for you. They are very affordable when you buy one with a chest belt. Have fun out there!

4. Supermarron

Supermarron Fapstronaut

However long ur body can take without going over

5. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

Can't some of those cardio machines tell you what your heartrate is or am I wrong?

6. vyndaloo

vyndaloo Fapstronaut

They can, but it's not very reliable.