1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Studying improvement

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Bharry, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Bharry

Bharry Fapstronaut

I'm on my third day of no MPO and still I don't have motivation to start studying even though I like what I study. Did anyone of you have these kind of problem even during the firsts days of no MPO? Is that a normal condition of mine?

2. Bharry

Bharry Fapstronaut

I'm on my third day of no MPO and still I don't have motivation to start studying even though I like what I study. Did anyone of you have these kind of problem even during the firsts days of no MPO? Is that a normal condition of mine?

3. NightReaper775

NightReaper775 Fapstronaut

I still had that after 90 days. A lifetime of gaming, PMOing and instant gratification, plus the fact that I never needed too much study to pass tests makes any kind of discipline difficult. However, I could study a lot more, one of the things I am doing to help with this is to read over a 100 pages a day, so I get accustomed to reading. Once I have to study, picking up a book will be easier.

Of course, meditation builds up patience and can help you a lot as well.

Greetings.

Lions and Bharry like this.
  4. Bharry

Bharry Fapstronaut

Thank you, so I should start meditation and try to force me to read a lot of pages that I have to study or simply a book. Maybe this problem is not related to MPO.
    Thank you from Italy.
    If you have other stories you would like to share me about studying I wuold be happy to know :)

NightReaper775 likes this.
  5. Stupid Monkey

Stupid Monkey Fapstronaut

I also do not think pmo and the will to study is related. Personally, what I think you need to do, is force you to study everyday for about a week. The inner resistance against studying will get weaker and weaker then. Just do not break the habit of studying and it will become very easy to do it.

6. Ready_Ryan

Ready_Ryan Fapstronaut

I personally felt like going pmo free has helped me so much for my studying. I have been on summer break but I began studying over the summer for calculus 4, differential equations. I did not pass this class last semester, but I am going to get a good grade this semester.

With my work, training for college sports, and studying. I average a 12 hour day off work and the past 2 weeks I have been able to keep my focus on math for twice as long.

I started and found that 45 minutes is the perfect block of time for staying focused and having enough time to get a good amount done. This works for me anyways.

I also learned that once I start watching video entertainment (games, shows, tv, YouTube) it becomes extremely difficult to get back in to the mode of studying, or getting tasks and things done. So I don't let myself view these things until 9 pm or so or when I have finished my tasks for the day.

And for when I need to rest and recharge, but while still needing to do things latter in the day, I read books.

I do talk about learning to focus and motivation for studies in my journal.

Try a few of these out. I really hope they can help you.

Adriano96 and Stupid Monkey like this.
  7. ConstraintsTheory

ConstraintsTheory Fapstronaut

I am math tutor for the university that I attend and so here is my two cents.

Nofap will help clear your head, reduce brain fog, memory recall and mental focus.

It will not help you study because studying is a habit and must be incorporated into your routine. Everyone has different methods of studying so only you know what will work for you.

But it would be incorrect to assume just because you stopped pmo that you'll be able to study. Might have more time to dedicate to studying but you will have to make it happen.

I understand you lack the motivation to do so that can be caused by many things in my experience it's always been procrastination. Best solution for that is just to do it.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Stay strong stay committed and never stop moving you will prevail

Lions, Ready_Ryan and Deleted Account like this.
  8. Ready_Ryan

Ready_Ryan Fapstronaut

This is absolutely true, and a big part of what a difference I have seen in myself.

For me one of the biggest obstacles to studying was running into problem after problem I could not solve because I couldn't focus enough to find or recall the pattern and apply my knowledge. So running into problems you always struggle to solve was frustrating and made studying feel futile...

But I am doing much better now!
    Success breeds more success!!

9. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

Is low motivation caused by the flatline and dopamine downregulatory symptoms?