1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Gratitude Attitude Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by BushidoWarrior, Sep 21, 2015.

1. plant goodness

plant goodness Fapstronaut

I am grateful for my intention to become a grateful person.

I am grateful I feel rewiring one's character is more important than rebooting one's brain.

I am grateful for all the tools to help me rewire myself and practice gratitude until it's a part of who I am.

LoyalKnight and SaapKaBaap like this.
  2. NightReaper775

NightReaper775 Fapstronaut

I am grateful for exercising yesterday despite having thoughts of not doing it anymore.
    I am grateful for not giving in to my cravings.
    I am grateful for reading.
    I am grateful for being more calm, at least subjectively.
    I am grateful for going to classes again.
    I am grateful for the people I will meet today.
    I am grateful for this community.

Take care, see you later.

3. plant goodness

4. I'm grateful for:

• Running water.
    • Roof over my head.
    • My family.

5. MrCharacter

MrCharacter Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful for the draw being fixed. The kitchen draw was broken and the part that was needed was hard to find. However, the broken part was welded and therefore don't need a new part.
    2. I am grateful for gym. I am slowly building a habit of going to the gym and this is increasing my confidence.
    3. I am grateful for meditation. Meditation in the morning gives more clarity.
    4. I am grateful for doing nothing. We are always doing something. By doing nothing and observing the quiet silence can be naturally bring the correct decision.

6. LivinginRecovery

LivinginRecovery Fapstronaut

Today I am grateful for:-
    1. People with big noses so I don't feel like such a freak.
    2. Kindness exhibited by strangers.
    3. Cats - gorgeous, loyal, happy purr factories.
    4. Liquid flowing Blues guitar
    5. Crunchy juicy tasty apples.
    6. Gord Downie still being alive.
    7. The many different types of slugs, all out now in force in my garden after the rain.
    8. The way my heart melts when my cat looks me square in the eyes and does that slow loving blink things cats do.
    9. Seeded bread.
    10. Oranges.

7. notime2waste

notime2waste Fapstronaut

Today I am grateful:

1. that my wife and I apologized and are back on good terms.
    2. that work has slowed down and I can get some personal projects done.
    3. for our dog who is my shadow! but who also is an angel in disguise :emoji_angel:

8. SaapKaBaap

SaapKaBaap Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful that I got the medicines for my mom.
    2. I am grateful for making my day productive. [gradually putting more hours now]
    3. I am grateful for meditating today.
    4. I am grateful that I read 25 pages.
    5. I am grateful for super cool fapstronauts that are fighting PMO.
    6. I am grateful that I had a massive urge today, but eventually I didn't give up.
    7. I am grateful for the universe that is helping me to reach my goal.

9. 1) I'm grateful that my replacement cartridge clips for my turntable arrived today. I still need to solder them onto the tonearm wires, so I'm hoping that doesn't go as badly as last time, but assuming it goes well I'll finally be able to listen to my turntable again after several weeks of being unable to. I'll probably attempt to solder them tomorrow. I'm excited!

2) I'm grateful that I was able to record more of the course I'm working on today. I'm so genuinely excited to be working on it. I've released two products already that I sell to my viewers, and I stand by the quality of my products but.. my existing two products are just that, products. You pay a little, and you get a cool course or e-book in return. This course I'm working on now though is something else. I already know anyone who actually completes it will have their life changed, and that makes me excited because that's exactly what I set out to do with my channel in the first place. Still got another 17 lessons to record for the course (13 done so far, there will be 30 lessons, each 8-10 minutes long, in total), then I can release it to the masses and impact peoples lives in a positive way!

3) I'm grateful that I discovered Sir John Hegarty, the advertiser. I've been watching some of his talks/lectures, and he's given me some really great ideas for being more creative in general. I've felt very inspired and creative since watching those videos, and come up with a bunch of ideas myself since then. I'm thinking of rebranding my main channel, distilling it to its core essence and basing the channel around that. Although I haven't made a 100% firm decision yet.

4) I'm grateful for the full moon. Every full moon feels almost like a mini holiday to me. I always loved the look of the moon reflecting off my floor, and I love watching it shining down onto me as I'm laying in bed about to fall asleep. I just associate the times I see it, with very positive times in my life, and today is no exception.

5) I'm grateful for winning $130! I don't think I've ever honestly won anything before. Yet the other day I was browsing /r/bitcoin/ and I saw someone mentioning they were giving away cryptocurrency to people who posted in their thread. I entered but didn't win, but then they said they'd give out some more to people who joined their mailing list. I honestly didn't know if it was legitimate or not, but I didn't care about giving out my email so I didn't see the harm in signing up. Two days later, I receive an email that I've won approximately $120 worth of a particular cryptocurrency. I messaged them back, and an hour later I received it - except it was actually ~$130 worth. I've been struggling with funds lately so this is immensely helpful, and the timing is just perfect! I am so very very grateful.

6) I'm grateful for Viktor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning. I believe I may have mentioned the book before, but I'm getting close to finishing it now and it's an amazing book. A very interesting and educational read. I highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in self-improvement, in psychology, or in learning about the struggles faced by those in concentration camps in WWII. Reading the section about Logotherapy this feels very similar to my own observations coming out of a drug addiction. It's always fascinating to see someone else arriving at the same conclusions as you and understanding how they got there in a completely different manner.

7) I'm grateful for a very productive past couple of days. I've managed to get all my necessary work for the entire week out of the way already, which means I can spend more time on the other things like: my second channel, my new course, improving my branding, better selling my products, etc. I really want to see if I can try get both the course and new channel out by the end of this month (that's taking into account that I'll be taking a break in the middle of the month around my birthday).

8) I'm grateful for meditation, I took quite a long break from meditation recently, and I felt like things slowed down a little for me as a result. I wasn't quite as productive, I wasn't quite as focused, and it was just like I was moving forward at a much slower pace. I recently meditated again for the first time in weeks and it felt amazing. I'm about to meditate now under the light of the full moon, so I'm going to cut this post short here and go do that!

10. LoyalKnight

LoyalKnight Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful for conquering another day.
    2. I am grateful for the the fact that my brain fog is slowly lifting!
    3. I am grateful for my gym visits - visiting the gym simply became a lifestyle for me!
    4. I am grateful for the power of NoFap. NoFap simply KILLS all of my worries and negative thoughts about the future!
    5. I am grateful that I am taking definite steps each day to make me a better person!
    6. I am grateful for my gym session today.
    7. I am grateful for deadlifting 130kg today. My hands hurt that's for sure. It was worth it, though!
    8. I am grateful for my cold showers. Cold showers are my LIFESTYLE , I am taking them for nearly one year now, every day.
    9. I am grateful for this awesome community and the awesome people here who are fighting against NoFap. I can guarantee to each of us that we WILL be successful if we keep fighting on!
    10. I am grateful that, currently, my brain does not even bother to recall old PMO thoughts or thoughts about fapping in general. I simply enjoy life way to much right now to give into that shit !
    11. I am grateful for my newly established meditation habit, 5min at least per day, but I am doing 5 min on the morning and 5 mins before I go to sleep!
    12. I am grateful that I am quite sleeply right now, but I still have many habits to fullfill. Many. I shall do them, and then enjoy some good rest; I have a gym visit with my good friend scheduled for the morrow. SO, good night everyone, stay safe, take care!

11. mybirthdaypresent

mybirthdaypresent Fapstronaut

I'm grateful that I was never physically abused.

I'm grateful for my healthy breakfast today.

I'm grateful that I'm still working on my final assignment.

12. axc18

axc18 Fapstronaut

1) I'm grateful for comedy, and the great lengths people will go to just to brighten other people's day and make them laugh
    2) I'm grateful for variety in everything; music, games, comedy, personalities, flavors, colors, clothes; everything. It truly is the spice of life.
    3) I'm grateful that I have people in my life who can just listen to what I have to say when I feel like it needs to be said.

13. Sriracha

Sriracha Guest

Today I'm grateful for:
    • The ability to walk and use the stairs. I was in a bad health situation last year and now I'm doing a lot better.
    • Good conversation with a friend who's been battling alcoholism. Fingers crossed he gets a room at a sober house. He needs one.
    • Being able to buy groceries.

14. Anonymous101_

Anonymous101_ Fapstronaut

1. I'm thankful for my parents who have sacrificed for me.
    2. I'm thankful to have a chance to study at one of the premier institute of my country.
    3. I'm thankful for Internet because of it I discovered nofap.

15. perseverence24

perseverence24 Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful sleeping well last night.
    2. I am grateful for my family and all they do for me.
    3. I am grateful for being alive.

16. I'm grateful for finally fixing my turntable!

Sorry but I had to make that huge because you have no idea how good it feels. For the last 3-4 weeks I've been unable to listen to any of my records because one channel was out. I tried several times to resolder my cartridge clips only to ruin the clips.. then I ordered new ones but they came from abroad so took over a week to get here.

Today I finally soldered the new clips on, tested it out, and it's working great.

Listening to Beastie Boys - Licensed to Ill currently and enjoying it.

[​IMG]

Also:

• Related to the above, I'm grateful that some posts I read explained a different way of soldering to what I was trying - as this made things 1000x easier.
    • I'm grateful that it's almost my birthday. In 8 days I turn 25!
    • I'm grateful for the record collection my dad gave me that used to belong to him and his brother/my uncle. I think I've mentioned this one before, but, I'm doubly grateful for it because right now I can't really afford to be spending money on records. So having a sizeable collection already without having to spend anything is immensely helpful.

17. plant goodness

I am grateful for Rhonda Byrne's gratitude book The Magic. I'm going to either work some of it into this thread or actually I may need to start a new thread to do the exercises without crowding this one with my business.

I'm grateful for my experiences with Instagram. Is it possible to have a mind altering experience without chemicals? Yes I believe it is, and don't play with magick friends that energy is volatile and if you don't know what you are doing it will...getting off topic anyways Instagram was a magical experience but the magic didn't last before I saw the downsides of using it if you don't have a legit reason to outside of gaining as many followers as possible.

I'm grateful I'm on the road to recovery. A long road but the only other road leads to misery, loss of freedom and control, and a terrible demise lurks on it.

⚡Zeus⚡ and SaapKaBaap like this.
  18. brightsidealien

brightsidealien Fapstronaut

I'm grateful for the following:

1. Getting through day one of my new challenge
    2. Finding so many helpful resources and people here on the forums
    3. Mom's company every morning at breakfast
    4. Being able to afford medication
    5. Guilty pleasure songs like "Chained To The Rhythm" by Katy Perry. Sooo damn catchy, I love it. Shhh, don't tell anyone!

19. Harry Maclad

Harry Maclad Fapstronaut

I am thankful that I have a chance to start again anew!
    I am thankful for the things I have learned during my last relapse yesterday
    I am thankful for the extra discipline I am going to exert to turn working out into an effortless habit

PS: Everyday I think I will do 5 things I am grateful for instead of just three

I am thankful for the people on NoFap who supports me!
    I am thankful for the fact that all is not lost after my last relapse!

20. SaapKaBaap

SaapKaBaap Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful that I managed to pull myself backup.
    2. I am grateful for the insane workout that I completed, tried twice previously but failed to complete it. After feeling shameful for how I was losing control of my situation, I managed to complete it today with greater determination.
    3. I am grateful that I read 25 pages.
    I am having a headache, so going to sleep now. Good Night!