1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Real truthers vs fake truthers

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by thatoneguy123, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Me too. I don't like any of that. I think if people believed in evolution and the big bang theory and stuff then they would think that consuming all those things is ok because of the pleasure they could derive from it but there's more life than just pleasure.
    Yep. I believe this also. Personally I'm a Christian and I believe in the Bible and what it says but this wasn't always the case. I thought about becoming an atheist or agnostic and stuff and part of the reason why I stayed a Christian is because of the truther stuff and the flat Earth stuff and how the Bible talks about it a lot, probably more than any other religious text which means that IMO it's really trustworthy.

2. Ashin_kusher

Ashin_kusher Fapstronaut

Have you ever listened to rob skiba or checked out the YouTube channel "now you see tv"?

I think you would definitely be interested in both

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. Thanks, I'll try.

4. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

What makes us so special?

Haha, Who said this? Lmao..

5. We are made in the image and likeness of God, the Bible says that we are God's best creation.

Do you think that life is all about seeking pleasure?

6. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

Hahahahaha

What is life about in your words?

7. Life is about getting to know God.

plant goodness likes this.
  8. thatoneguy123

thatoneguy123 Fapstronaut

Aarondf sometimes the super confidence about your belief is not because of how logical it is but how hard it's been cemented into your head. All relgious ppl do mental gymnastics even when they have been proven wrong.feelings are not logic. Relgion is Useless without Fear. Ofcourse your gonna be afraid if your parents have been telling you since you were a kid. Heaven or hell! That's mental torture. Imagine the pain all those kids go through when they accidentally commit a sin

9. I chose to become a Christian. I could leave Christianity now if I wanted to but I don't want to. I wasn't forced to become a Christian. I wanted to become one.

10. If you don't believe in evolution or creation, then what do you believe in?

11. thatoneguy123

I believe in exposing the dark system and having compassion. What's really fked about Christianity and Islam is how they put the label before the actions. Believe in Jesus and be saved. It seems in there eyes a person who practices Christianity 75% is better than a person who is 100% compassionate and real and doesn't believe in any religion. Sounds really fked up.

12. thatoneguy123

Existence of existence is a mind fuck. no need to dissect it. Just be righteous. Be genuinely a good person. Not like some ppl who say oh rapist and killing is bad. No compassion and putting others down is also bad and talking shit about others. It's always extreme. Being a good person used to be about your actions. Now who ever giggles every other sentence is labeled good. Extroverts are like super human in the eyes of modern humans. Extroverts are simply extroverts

13. You still didn't answer the question.

14. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

HAHA You are god silly.

15. CompulsiveCrab

CompulsiveCrab Fapstronaut

I wouldn't be boasting about alignment with religion. Any woke person isn't exactly attending church nor addressing Y-husha as Jesus. Going to church is a sure sign you need to dig deeper you've only scraped the surface. When someone is given a name you don't translate and call them that.
    Hope this helps

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  16. What???

CompulsiveCrab likes this.
  17. Can at least explain? I'm confused.

18. Themadfapper

Themadfapper Fapstronaut

If the earth is flat why don't the oceans drain out? I don't know how many references there are to a flat earth in times past? While I hold ancient teachers like Plato, Socrates in very high regard I don't know how they could know if the earth was flat or round?

You would have thought that after all this time someone would have flown off or sailed off the edge? In this world just about anything is possible and no deception is too great, but the flat earth isn't something I would bet all my chips on.

It would be nice if one could be sure of truthful information by checking on the stance on issues the people reporting the "truth" have or if they talk about certain issues. Unfortunately, it's not that easy.

I think 'truthers', lots of alternative news, Doomers, etc are mostly trying to get clicks. The whole truth thing has become a form of entertainment.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    plant goodness likes this.
  19. CompulsiveCrab

20. CompulsiveCrab

Look into the Antarctica treaty, then try to understand the theory of flat earth. The conclusion I'm guiding you into is that edge of the earth you are mentioning is actually the start of Antarctica. I don't know what's past Antarctica, but I do know there is military stationed there who's job it is to make sure no gets in there. Whether that's jailing your or sinking your vessel. You can't just try flying through countries without permission. In this map the north pole is the center of the map, and the "south pole" is the border around this "circle" map

Ashin_kusher and Deleted Account like this.