1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Non-sexual massage: experiences? Nervous?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Septimus, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

I have a question for others, especially other men:

Have you ever had a (non sexual) massage? Did you have any nerves about it? Was it uncomfortable?

I've never had a massage. A few times over the years, someone would say, oh, I can rub your back (non sexual), and I wouldn't like it. I tend to be ticklish and I can't imagine enjoying someone doing this. But maybe I'm wrong?

This came up because I was looking at a resort with mineral springs, and I thought about going sometime, and noticed it also has massages -- so it got me thinking, maybe I'm too much of a stick-in-the-mud and I should try it?

Here's a bonus question, but maybe not many can answer. I'm into guys, so I wonder: if I had a male masseuse (sp?), maybe I would get turned on? Or maybe I'm overthinking it?

I just wonder what anyone else has to say. Of course, I'm not looking for dirty stories, please!

2. Saskia Simone

Saskia Simone Fapstronaut

Hi Septimus:)

I pay for non-sexual massage when I get back or shoulder pain. I'm a woman who likes men, and the masseur is usually male.

I enjoy it a lot, but not in any sexual sense. Just the pressure, and the sensation, are very grounding. Maybe it is different as I am used to paying for personal services like waxing or facials.

You can always leave if you don't like it, but I don't think it's anything you need to worry about:)

3. MarinoBigFan1984

MarinoBigFan1984 Fapstronaut

Get the massage and stop thinking about getting a boner.

Saskia Simone likes this.
  4. MarinoBigFan1984

Some men on this site have the sexual knowledge and experience of a teenager at 40. My word grow up.

5. Saskia Simone

Saskia Simone Fapstronaut

That's actually unkind. None of us know each other's story, or why someone might have certain reservations. I think you've overstepped with that comment.

6. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

F*** you.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. MarinoBigFan1984

Let me rephrase that comment. I see a lot of posts in these forums where men especially seem terrified by sexuality issues. It's part of the human experience.

8. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

@Septimus : it's kinda boring to me. And tbh, i didn't enjoy it. After the session i even felt more empty and tired, but that's just me, my friend going with me enjoyed it. I don't why i felt extremely empty after that, even depressed. I think that would be the last time i got a massage. It's just not for me.

9. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

I suspect I wouldn't enjoy it. It's not that I am not willing to try, but...

1) I don't really want to spend money on something I have serious doubts I'll like, and
    2) While I realize I can always call and end to it, I'd rather not do that. That's awkward all the same.
    3) And, yes, I do wonder if it'll arouse me, and I would be very sorry for that, since the professional deserves better. And I really don't want there to be any problem with the masseuse.

10. if its not of importance or an absolute need wwhy try it right now , while rebooting, of all times in ur life to try it

Lazarus Shuttlesworth likes this.
  11. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Good point. It's not something I would necessarily be trying "now," but I'm just thinking ahead.

bunnyheartbeat likes this.
  12. ive only gotten a back massage by a boy only a few times but it wasnt very good lol and also a girl who was taking out stress knots. that hurt. but i like giving back massages. i wish i could receive a better onne, but if the masseuse was speaking to me the entire time i dont think i could relax as im already an anxious creature
    i think if it was a male masseuse itd be arousing a little for me maybe. when it shouldnt be.

being caressed on the back or whatever beats massages in my view though lol its not always necessarily sexual

13. CompulsiveCrab

CompulsiveCrab Fapstronaut

My mom and I took a Chinese massage down south. It wasn't bad it was only a little rough and stern but it felt necessary.

14. differentoutlook

differentoutlook Fapstronaut

I've had several back massages and it felt perfect. the masseuse was a male and a professional at his job, and even though I'm a straight male, I could see how this could potentially turn you on. granted the masseuse knows what he's doing.
    but mostly expect to get relaxed and maybe sleepy too.

15. Pepper M.

Pepper M. Fapstronaut

I am also very ticklish, so just make sure you let them know before they begin and they will try their best not to tickle you! Also, sometimes the opposite happens where they may do it a bit to hard and you have to ask them to lighten up the pressure. Don't be afraid to talk to them, they're used to it, and I'm sure they've seen everything. It's not my thing, but I'm glad I tried it once, so I'd recommend it.

16. Septimus

Septimus Fapstronaut

Thanks for addressing the ticklishness issue! That was really on my mind.

But you said, "Don't be afraid to talk to them, they're used to it..." I am sure you are right; but I'd still feel pretty awkward telling the guy I am worried about getting turned on! I just can't see any non-awkward way to say that!

17. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

You'll be fine if you pay for a massage and end up not liking it. They're like $50 or less.

18. Pepper M.

Pepper M. Fapstronaut

Yeah, I would agree that it is fine to talk about the ticklish thing, but I wouldn't mention the getting turned on thing. You can probably request whether you would like a male or female masseuse though, so maybe call ahead and make sure.

Deleted Account and Septimus like this.
  19. SOSo

SOSo Fapstronaut

You probably haven't found the right massage therapist. Express your fears with them and how it feels (minus the sex) and a good one will try to help you. Massage is therapeutic and it depends on the right person. I finally found one in the country I live in that isn't a complete waste of time and uses acupressure and gentle technique. She has relived a lot of my chronic pain and ptsd/anxiety. My mom is a massage therapist as well for 20+ years and is an amazing practitioner. Try around. Look at reviews. Everyone has different techniques. The hippy dippy ones tend to be the best!

Deleted Account likes this.