1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Circumcision

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Well my family is Christian (most of at the moment at least) it wasn't a Jewish thing for us.

2. In what way/world is turtleneck a pejorative?

3. I think he was refereing to a turtle neck looking like foreskin or something? Cause it has that, long look? I don't know, I kinda thought that to but.

4. AscendRestore

AscendRestore Fapstronaut

It is normal for us to all feel that what we are used to is right. That's just how humans work with education, skill development, culture and religion.
    The only friction that should exist is when we take a stance against the majority. My country the majority is uncircumcised so I risk very little in looking at the issue.

I've read accounts of circumcised men who feel betrayed by parents who made this decision about his body. Parents can only do this in hopeful ignorance because they cannot claim to be acting with the child's consent. If their child's potential consent does not matter to them, I find this to be an unethical position for any adult to make for any infant.

chris21007 and Ericri like this.
  5. CompulsiveCrab

CompulsiveCrab Fapstronaut

Who likes apples?
    Who likes oranges?
    /thread

6. AscendRestore

Not really - any adult can choose to sample and enjoy both apples or oranges.
    But if your parent burns off the part of your tongue that lets you taste the apple-ness or apples, you have been deprived of bodily integrity, agency and self determination.

7. That's one way to look at it. The other way is that I cannot miss what I've never had. I was circumcised as an infant and I'm not butthurt about it. Being circumcised hasn't made my life worse. I have zero issues with a lack of sensitivity. Shit if my cock was more sensitive than it is now I would have to name it Nicholas Sparks.

Which reminds me, I should probably thank my parents for the trim job.

8. Son of a Bitch likes this.
  9. AscendRestore

I completely accept that you should have the best sense of self, power and sexuality that you can.
    But I find it (given the accounts on intactivists, medical ethicists and those with botched circumcisions) that it is unethical to choose to disrupt the integrity of this membrane in infants unless there is a medically urgent need. Fashion, identity, belief or culture do not negate the ethics of choice and autonomy.

Son of a Bitch likes this.
  10. I see your point and respect your view. Having a botched circumcision would've sucked big time.

AscendRestore likes this.
  11. CompulsiveCrab

As circumcised no I don't consider myself a victim. The only time my penis was too sensitive is when I wanted to see how many times I could O in a day.Maybe we shouldn't cut off umbilical cords. We can just put the baby in a box with a pair of scissors and let it decide.

12. I gotta say @AscendRestore really hit home with the botched circumcision point. I don't think I could live with myself as a parent if I was the reason that happened to my child. Fuck it, I'll let my child make that decision if he wants to, then if anything goes wrong he just has himself to blame.

13. Good call :emoji_thumbsup:

14. I am used to people coming up with a whole host of reasons to surgically alter their son's genitals at birth. :rolleyes:

But this is the most bizarre comparison I have ever read! o_O

Kenzi and AscendRestore like this.
  15. CompulsiveCrab

Why? The pro points were being robbed of integrity, agency, and self-determination? Then during my draft, 2 posts were written right after I finished mine. Which had no substance in regard to those 2 posts.

16. AscendRestore

The comparison with the umbilical cord would only work if after cutting it you tore it away from the belly button. But no. We know it will dry, shrivel and detach in time.

17. CompulsiveCrab

are you refering to someone doing that with their mouth.

18. CompulsiveCrab

After playing devil's advocate for 2 hours and researching and fiending for a strongarm point in favor of circumcision. I've decided to denounce any affirming view on it until I can educate myself on the topic further and the proper statistics, which was a mess to sift through. It was difficult to give in

19. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

Dude, why are you thinking and reading about it so much? Seems a bit overblown? How on earth did you come to the conclusion you're missing something? move on with your life?