1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Overpriced stuff you have bought?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Millenial, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

Just spent £50 on a pair of trainers (sneakers) when I wanted to pay £10. (They were the only ones available in my size). All that money gone and they're not even comfortable!:mad::mad::mad:
    I am really pissed off. Clothes can be such a rip-off.
    Please share any bad purchases you have made recently. It is good to talk about it.

2. Fightthedevil

Fightthedevil Fapstronaut

IDK If this is relevant but i am a huge book nerd and went to the store bought game of thrones hardcover collection of all books (which have been published till now) for 4000rs and now at amazon i am seeing the same damn package at rs2500 it really pissed me off.

Millenial likes this.
  3. Millenial

Millenial Fapstronaut

Ouch - How frustrating! I've noticed there are loads of shopping dilemmas involving Amazon.. for example - You can often buy sets of DVDs (including shipping ) for cheaper than buying and downloading the show on (for example) iTunes. Weird.

4. Skadoosh

Skadoosh Guest

I spent over 3 grand building a gaming computer when I originally had planned to only spend 1200-1500 ... so that was dumb of me.

SilentJay313, Lucky1 and Millenial like this.
  5. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

I built a computer for $1100 and haven't turned it on in 6 months hahahaha

Skadoosh likes this.
  6. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

Probably for me it was buying a $500 guitar multi-effects processor when I was looking to buy one around $250. I wasn't able to get the full use out of it until I bought a set of multimedia monitors.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
    Millenial likes this.
  7. SOSo

SOSo Fapstronaut

I bought a $3000 washer and dryer set that my mother ultimately destroyed. That was awful.

Millenial likes this.
  8. $150 on Kyrie Irving sneakers. Have never worn them, I just look at them

Lucky1 and Millenial like this.
  9. Lucky1

Lucky1 Fapstronaut

I honestly can't stand anybody that collects sneakers. Records i can understand, because you can listen to them (though i may have a bias) but shoes you never wear, just dones't, and will never make sense to me.

Uni books are another big one

But i use them as speaker stands nowdays, so at least there useful now!

JesusGreen and SilentJay313 like this.
  10. If you just bought them, return them.

I've noticed this trend a lot: People feel bad about returning things if the product isn't broken.

You can still return something because it doesn't fit, isn't comfortable, or simply isn't to your liking. So return the trainers and buy some new ones, instead of letting that 50 quid go to waste.

The most recent case of over-spending by me: I set a budget of around $70 to spend on new computer speakers. Ended up spending over $1500 in total on a stereo system (not all at once, but in several purchases - speakers, amplifier, cables, subwoofer, turntable, etc)

I don't regret it one bit though. It was one of those times where I felt like I spent way too much on something - but the amount of enjoyment it's given me since then has already been worth the money, and the amount I'll get out of it over the years to come will well exceed what I paid for it. It was a pleasant surprise, because that's a lot of money to me. Had I regretted my purchases, I'd have certainly returned it all.

Millenial likes this.
  11. This is my first pair of sneakers I've done it w. I made alot of money and decided why not. I would wear them but idk a good time/place. Plus Kyrie Irving is kinda a snake, he was my favorite player. Still like him, but kinda a bitch they way he left Cleveland and made fun of lebron. So I think if I wore his shoes people might recognize that and light my ass up for it. But then again it's 150$ so what can they say

12. I JUST FOUND OUT that he switched his # from #2 to #11 now on the celtics. The bottom of his shoes said #2, I'm definitely returning now. Why does he have to mess w me like thayou lmfaooo

13. I'm high school when my friends would go camping drunk we would buy tents and sleeping bags and coolers from walmart and just return them at the end. This happened like 10-15 times, best thing ever

recoome likes this.
  14. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

:D

15. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I spend too much on weed. It should be cheaper.

16. señor

señor Guest

I needed a new phone and completely impulse bought the galaxy s8. 750 bones I'll never get back but I'm actually sort of glad I did it. I'm used to having nothing but shitty flip phones and whatnot so a smartphone like this has really simplified a lot for me. I don't even use my laptop or camera anymore cause the s8 just does everything better.

17. OzTheBear

OzTheBear Fapstronaut

No man's sky...

Millenial likes this.
  18. MJ Warrior 93

MJ Warrior 93 Fapstronaut

I once bought up to 20 or 22 metal CDs and costed me 300$ all together. I did it to have them part of my CD collection. No regrets after all. I listen to most of them on Spotify instead of listening to CDs. :D

19. Wanted to spend 200€ on a helmet, ended up paying 500€.
    Way too overpriced.
    Don´t regret it though.

20. Worth every cent!