1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Deleted Account

1. Randox
    Randox
    So glad to hear that my friend, I can tell you that it is the best key to open the path of recovery from this addiction. I pass days with zero fantasizing and PMO thoughts. Souring Eagle is a legend he was totally right about the stages. I wasn't like this before. I do reading in the morning, spare time at work also before sleep. I pray and read.
    Sep 2, 2018
  2. Randox
    Randox
    Please keep up on reading, even if you feel fed up it will become a habit like brushing the teeth. As we should create a stronger rhythm to beat PMO which is reading. Plus exercising, meditating, cold showers, staying with family. Fight will get easier with time. Let's break the vicious cycle and go forever. Life is so so much better without PMO. This brain fog is killing..
    Sep 2, 2018
  3. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    We look quite optimistic this time brother. I am sure we would do it. I would love to be clean at least till your b'day ;) and then I know things do get easy to manage. Thanks for being here friend. We would emerge victorious. Nothing better than a life of continence.
    Sep 2, 2018
  4. Randox
    Randox
    We will my friend, we are here for each other. I wasn't expected to become an addict when I was a kid. Unfortunately we fall in strongest addiction and we are the first generation facing it with high speed internet. So let's beat it for our loved ones and the coming generations. Please cease any negative thought once it comes to your mind do not let it last 1 sec. Let's do it :)
    Sep 2, 2018
  5. tiredofbeingtired
    tiredofbeingtired
    What rebooting content are you reading? Also, mind sharing the "stages" info you're talking about?
    Sep 2, 2018
  6. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Sep 3, 2018
  7. Randox
    Randox
    Stage 1: This is when we realize that masturbation is affecting our healthy negatively and we have a thought about quitting. However, after reading about the harmlessness theories of masturbation we are not so determined anymore, we think that masturbation in moderation should do us no harm. This is the very initial stage of rebooting which is characterized by ignorance and naivety. The result: failure!
    Sep 3, 2018
  8. Randox
    Randox
    Stage 2: We gain a small understanding of the harmful effects of masturbation, but not a thorough understanding. The result: failure!
    Sep 3, 2018
  9. Randox
    Randox
    Stage 3: We begin to study other peoples’ experience of rebooting and we try to break our rebooting record. Although we have managed to set a new record on the number of rebooting days we are still unable to break out of the vicious cycle. The result: failure!
    Sep 3, 2018
  10. Randox
    Randox
    Stage 4: This is the confusion stage, after numerous failures, we start to doubt ourselves. At this stage, we are not putting in enough of a fight, no fight no victory! The result: failure.
    Sep 3, 2018
  11. Randox
    Randox
    Stage 5: Our body gives out signals once again and it’s clear that our health has deteriorated. Once again we make up our minds to quit and rely helplessly on the brute force method without learning about the correct methods. The result: failure.
    Sep 3, 2018
  12. Randox
    Randox
    Stage 6: We begin to see the harmlessness theory for what it is, that it only works to trick the “children”. This is when we experience a breakthrough in our way of thinking but we still fail to understand why we are unable to quit masturbation. The result: failure.
    Sep 3, 2018
  13. Randox
    Randox
    Stage 7: This is the stage of understanding, gained from reading vast amounts of rebooting articles, we begin to acknowledge spiritual teachings (such as Buddhism) which helps to increase our determination tremendously, we break the 100-day streak. The result: still failure.
    Sep 3, 2018
  14. Randox
    Randox
    Stage 8: The thorough cleansing stage, we are starting to cleanse ourselves both consciously and unconsciously. Once this idea has entered our subconscious we easily break the 200-day barrier. There may come one day when we are browsing the internet and have our guard down or we have been slack in our rebooting studies, we therefore stumble near the finishing line. The result: still failure.
    Sep 3, 2018
  15. Randox
    Randox
    Stage 9: We are almost there now and have become even more careful, our understanding takes on another level. We are no longer affected by dirty thoughts, what we see do not enter our intentions, what other people sees and like we react with caution. We are steady in our heart even amidst rough winds of thoughts. We have discarded the habit of masturbation altogether.
    Sep 3, 2018
  16. Randox
    Randox
    Stage 10: “Nothing to begin with, how can nothing stir the dust”. We have come to the highest stage where all things returns to simplicity, just as the “sweeping monk” from Jin Yong’s martial art novels. Great skill is hidden in plain site, this is only achieved by the Master.
    Sep 3, 2018
  17. tiredofbeingtired
    tiredofbeingtired
    @Randox Thank you for taking the time to post all of that! I was just expecting a link or something.
    Sep 4, 2018
    spaces, Deleted Account and Randox like this.
  18. Randox
    Randox
    Read that book mentioned by @Brahmakumar101 it will boost your motivation and vigilance my friend :)
    Sep 5, 2018