1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by letter

1. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    Oh, I see that letter is not just a master of words but is also a philosopher and is a master of wisdom. ^_^
    Apr 4, 2019
  2. letter
    letter
    To master words to is master everything :)

I still have so much to learn. There is still so much of everything I don’t know the words for.
    Apr 4, 2019
  3. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    "To master words is to master everything." I LOVE this!!

We both still have so much to learn and so much of everything we don't know the words for. At least we can both learn together and be good students in the school of letters and words.
    Apr 4, 2019
  4. ImpureHuman
    ImpureHuman
    The lack-inside-list is long. But in one sentance - frustrated with reality. This is true **M is a manifestation of our inability to connect with ourselves**
    Apr 4, 2019
  5. letter
    letter
    Reality can seem all kinds of harsh, but being at war with it is a battle you will always lose. There is sunshine after the rain, but you don't see it by running away from the clouds. If anything, you dive into the storm to make it pass more quickly.
    Apr 5, 2019
  6. letter
    letter
    @11square...dude...I've been where you are. If there is anything at all you admire in me, it is only because I gave up and accepted my reality. From there I was able to make something good from it.

Look, see? I can stand today and tell you that I came from a hopeless place. I was miserable. Do you catch what I'm tossing at you here?
    Apr 5, 2019
  7. letter
    letter
    Like...dude...I've been in psych wards. There is NOTHING good about that. The only good thing about it is that I can tell you that I somehow made my way back to sanity.

But first? I had to embrace the fact that I was a dude in a psych ward and that everyone thought I was completely insane. I had to embrace the fact that I may be DEEEEPLY flawed and broken in ways that make me into a monster.
    Apr 5, 2019
  8. letter
    letter
    So I took that reality and was like, "Yeah, I'm a dude from a psych ward, but this is what I believe and this is what I want to do. I just want to love people and this is really hard."
    Apr 5, 2019
  9. letter
    letter
    And it took me a decade, but here I am.

Sane. Full of love.

Whatever you are going through...you can make it

I shouldn't be alive. I shouldn't be sane. That you are even reading these words, that they make even one little bit of sense, is proof that you can rise out of ANYTHING.
    Apr 5, 2019
  10. letter
    letter
    So you just keep on going, k? You embrace whatever you gotta and you just march on.

I have hope for you man. I'm not afraid for you. I'm rooting for the future you who is going to be all kinds of solid and strong and wise as result of dealing with these hard things.

I believe in you @11square
    Apr 5, 2019
  11. letter
    letter
    Ehhh...I know that's a lot.

But hey, look, I'm not ashamed of this stuff anymore n_n

So don't yet shame stop you from reaching this place beyond shame, eh? You gotta push through the shame to get here :)

Well, gotta get ready for sleep and all that. Night, dude.
    Apr 5, 2019
  12. ImpureHuman
    ImpureHuman
    I remember the words you @letter said before & hear what you said now. For me its a complex set of emotions that I'm fighting. frustrated mind always finds relief in PMO, familiar path I took for years, not taking it is the solution. Now solution & resultant emotions become the problem, far more painful than original. Something critical is missing, misinterpret PMO as heart of the problem & I need to find out that.
    Apr 5, 2019
  13. letter
    letter
    Yeah, the way out can get all kinds of messy. PMO is a symptom, the heart of it lies much deeper. Thus, reaching that deeper place can take all kinds of heart. I saw all kinds of ugly things about myself along the way...

...one thing that helped was kindness.
    Apr 5, 2019
  14. letter
    letter
    Every time I found the next brutally twisted part of myself, it was like a horror...I took that thing to God and showed Him. Sometimes I took what I found to other people.

What helped a lot in that was a few kind words. Like, “Hey, no wonder you felt like that, that was really rough.”
    Apr 5, 2019
  15. letter
    letter
    Because it’s by taking these deep and massively hurting parts of us up and out into the open that we expose our darkness to light. It’s through truth because we gotta just lay things out as they are.

From there, you just gotta trust light to do its thing and make those pieces of you better.
    Apr 5, 2019
  16. letter
    letter
    Like, for me, part of my own deeper issue behind PMO was my deeply twisted relationship with my mother. The things she left me with inside myself crippled me.
    Apr 5, 2019
  17. letter
    letter
    I was missing love. I wasn’t loved by my mother.

And because I was missing that, all this other junk piled up on top over that...and I had to get through all kinds of stuff to reach it. But the truth wasn’t even something bad...it was just something very very sad.
    Apr 5, 2019
  18. letter
    letter
    So I’m sure you’ll find your own deeper reasons in time. We’ll be here to show you the love and kindness you’ll need along the way :)

You can do this. Take your time, it’s not easy, but you can do this.
    Apr 5, 2019
    Ank07, spaces, vxlccm and 13 others like this.
  19. ImpureHuman
    ImpureHuman
    Yes. It will be tough. The path to change & freedom..
    Apr 5, 2019
  20. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Interesting....
    Apr 5, 2019