1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by Mike98

1. Battlemaster Lotus Praxis
    Battlemaster Lotus Praxis
    Been there, done that. Time to break the cycle once and for all.
    Feb 15, 2016
  2. BushidoWarrior
    BushidoWarrior
    I've done it too. The natural thing is to be self-critical. Try and subvert that tendency and be kind to yourself instead. What would you say to your best friend if they were facing a similair situation to you?
    Feb 15, 2016
  3. Mike98
    Mike98
    After gaining so much experience with NoFap - I've now realized the internet itself is the problem. I hate to say it but I'm going to have to disconnect myself. Rebooting made me feel so good that I'll do anything to make it there again. The internet has to go for me.
    Feb 16, 2016
  4. Mike98
    Mike98
    No matter how much self control I use - my brain somehow always rationalizes relapsing. I knew I shouldn't have searched for it but I did anyway. The urges went away after about 70 days for me so I thought relapse was impossible. Even when I relapsed - there wasn't an urge to do it. I just did it for some reason. Dunno why.
    Feb 16, 2016
  5. Mike98
    Mike98
    To anyone reading this - I've found out the cause to my relapse after a bit of research. Stress was the cause. Apparently when it comes to PMO addiction stress is a strong trigger.
    Feb 22, 2016
  6. Mike98
    Mike98
    I didn't know that. I assumed triggers had to be P related. There's a couple of things I'm going to do differently this time (can't get rid of the internet though).
    1. Get away from internet connected devices when stressed.
    2. Make it to 365 days. 90 is not enough to break triggers.
    Feb 22, 2016