1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by vxlccm

1. Coolbuddy7
    Coolbuddy7
    You're always welcome brother.

So, now I want to pester you with some questions. I am interested in Information Security. I would love to learn ethical hacking too, and I would love to work on Linux. I used it for like a Month, and then, came back to windows again ( Because, I had tri-booted my laptop, and I thought it would harm my laptop's health. ) Where should I start ?
    Jun 23, 2019
  2. Coolbuddy7
    Coolbuddy7
    Can you brief me more about Shell Scripting Languages ? I am really sorry, if I am annoying you, with these questions.
    Maybe I will PM you later, when I am free. I am not staying at home for most parts nowadays. When I am back, I would PM you for those messages. Thank you, brother @vxlccm ;)
    Jun 23, 2019
  3. control your life
    control your life
    Thanks for the likes from me too feiend
    Jun 23, 2019
  4. Coolbuddy7
    Coolbuddy7
    Anytime brother @control your life , although I think I haven't shown you much love, as much as I could have. I will be back soon though.
    Jun 23, 2019
  5. vxlccm
    vxlccm
    multi-boot isn't bad for a computer. having an image backup helps confidence there because then you can just restore. keep learning Linux - try a couple distros. every time you learn a new shell command, you're gaining xp for a lvlup in the hacker world :)
    Jun 24, 2019
  6. vxlccm
    vxlccm
    nothing wrong with Windows except the cost and the bugs and the hackers trying to malware you to death. other than that, it's great until it updates and crashes. haha. but, yeah, kinda unavoidable once you're familiar with it. learning everything is the best plan, so keep using Win as well.
    Jun 24, 2019
  7. vxlccm
    vxlccm
    shell scripting depends on your shell. usually, I'm in bash. but, perl was something I used a lot before and is kind of instructive. you can script in python and php, though. so, [nearly] any programming language you learn also gives you that benefit. wsh/vba/powershell is also available in Win world, so plenty to learn there.
    Jun 24, 2019
  8. vxlccm
    vxlccm
    again, to reiterate something we talked about before - what are your goals? not the hacker elite thing, but like professionally. if you're writing system software or video encoders, you need totally different languages (and math) than website front ends or server utilities or a hundred other fields. if your decision is based on how much money you want to make, then do your glassdoor research.
    Jun 24, 2019
  9. Coolbuddy7
    Coolbuddy7
    I will dig into it, and will tell you about it brother. I don't really worry about the pay. It's more like, What I would be knowing more about, if I get into the job.
    Jun 24, 2019
  10. Coolbuddy7
    Coolbuddy7
    Thank you for the time though ! :)
    Jun 24, 2019