1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Comments on Profile Post by letter

1. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    Sadly, sometimes, there is nothing we can do. Sometimes, it is God punishing them like Job as a test of faith and they are blind to see the disasters that are about to befall upon them and their descendants. Whereas you are free of that and are surrounded by his loyal and beloved angels, my dearest letter.
    Aug 9, 2019
  2. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    That’s horrible, man. I’m so sorrry.
    Aug 9, 2019
  3. letter
    letter
    I look forward to the promise, that there will be no tears in heaven.
    Aug 9, 2019
  4. letter
    letter
    Me too Tiger. I'm hoping that this doesn't bring me back down. Like @aspiringwriter1997 said, it's on their own heads. But it's still hard to watch. Not sure how to feel about a bunch of this yet.
    Aug 9, 2019
  5. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Understandable. It’s a lot to take in. I’m sorry you have to go through this.
    Aug 9, 2019
  6. letter
    letter
    I'm just gonna keep going. The further I go, the further they are from me. Time will do its thing if I just wait patiently.
    Aug 13, 2019
  7. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    Will it occur in time past, time present, or time future?
    Aug 14, 2019
    Deadpool98, White Sheep and letter like this.
  8. letter
    letter
    "People like us, who believe in physics, know that the distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion" - Albert Einstein

I believe that is why waiting can be so difficult, it's a matter of perception. We wouldn't have to wait if we could change how we see, but that change doesn't come easily...does it?
    Aug 14, 2019
  9. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    I love that quote! That fits in perfectly with what we are talking about. Change never comes easily so having to wait for it defeats the perception of it so we can argue that it is going to happen regardless of the time paradox it takes place in and that when it does happen, you will be in a separate dimension of time that is outside of where your family is at and only then will the separation be complete.
    Aug 14, 2019
  10. letter
    letter
    I love Einstein.

I think that quote is in reference to a phenomenon called loss of simultaneity. To oversimplify, it means that "when" something happens is affected by the observer. Two people from different frames of reference may see events happen in different orders of "when"
    Aug 15, 2019
  11. letter
    letter
    So these things I want to see, maybe they aren't as important as where I am going.

It's just another way of saying what you said ;)
    Aug 15, 2019
  12. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    Your explanation blew my mind away. I am sitting here, speechless. That is how much of a powerful impact your words have on me, my dear letter. o:

Well, as you already know, while you want to see these things and go where you are being lead to, where you go, I will follow behind. Even if you tell me to stay behind, I will follow you forward and be right by your side this entire time. c:
    Aug 15, 2019
  13. letter
    letter
    Heh, you make a good point. Nothing I say can override someone's free will, can it?

Ahh, that's some stuff for powerful contemplation. Where am I going, indeed...
    Aug 18, 2019
  14. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    No, sir. My will is to follow you wherever you go and if necessary, stay with you amid the wilderness and help you out as much as I can. It is very powerful and I want to be with you every step of the way.
    Aug 19, 2019
    Deadpool98 and letter like this.
  15. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    Oh, how I lament not seeing you here; how I lament that you were back so that we could talk regularly. How I miss you and your words. I do hope you come back because I have missed seeing your presence during the duration of my entire summer break. :c
    Aug 19, 2019
  16. letter
    letter
    I forget how I appear to others. The further I go, the more this seems normal. What started as a radical step now feels natural.

How terrifying, the bending of the senses...how time caresses and moulds our hearts. It all happens so unnoticed.
    Aug 23, 2019
  17. letter
    letter
    Forgive me? For the many things I may be, a good friend is not one of them. I have caused you pain.
    Aug 23, 2019
  18. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    You truly are my friend. A deep friend. A good friend. I should be the one asking for forgiveness, not the other way around. Sure, I have been hurt with you being away- but you have been on an odyssey, a journey of faith and finding God. Hearing of your experiences leaves me numb and amazed. I am speechless.
    Aug 23, 2019
  19. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    No, I hope you can forgive me for being selfish when I know that God is doing amazing things. I am happy for you, but seeing you away also hurts. I acted on mere pity and I feel ashamed of my behavior. I hope you can forgive me because you are not a good friend, but a great one. c:
    Aug 23, 2019
  20. letter
    letter
    You have done me no wrong. Kindness is free & priceless...and it is not like God told me to withhold that from you along my way.

I could have stopped by at least to say I was still going on ahead, albeit difficultly. I could have said I was just in a time where I needed to be alone. I could have said many things to give you a measure of comfort...

But instead I gave you silence.
    Aug 23, 2019
  21. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    Well, I am glad that you say that because I want to give you as much kindness, happiness, and support as I can. I want to be an unlimited source for you and I do not hold it against you.

There are a lot of things I could have done differently as well. I could have checked in more or reflect about it more deeply or even asked God to send me a sign as well. So I am also at fault.
    Aug 23, 2019
  22. aspiringwriter1997
    aspiringwriter1997
    The silence did hurt, but I forgive you. I forgive you with all of my heart and open both my arms and heart for an embrace for your welcome home. Do not feel bad, my friend, but be happy. Knowing that you are happy makes me happy. :D
    Aug 23, 2019
    Ank07, Deadpool98 and letter like this.
  23. letter
    letter
    <3
    Sep 1, 2019
  24. aspiringwriter1997
    Sep 1, 2019